Nintendo could run a deficit of over $250 Million every year and still survive

• Thread starter Wimali
  • Start date
W

Wimali

PC Gamer
Towns Folk
Just read about this on Reddit: Nintendo has banked so much money, that they could run a deficit of over $250 Million every year and still survive until 2052.

That was mindblowing to me. It puts in to perspective (CEO) Satoru Iwata’s recent comments about failure, when he said (heavily paraphrasing) that Nintendo don't view failure of a marketed product to necessarily indicate a failure inherent in the product or the process. And if something Nintendo does should fail they simply turn their mind to how to make their next step a successful one, with no need for histrionics, sackings, sensationalism or overhauls.

It says a lot about how Nintendo have been so incredibly slow to move on some fronts yet so amazingly resilient and industry-leading in others.

(source: http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-doomed-not-likely-just-take-look-how-much-money-its-got-bank/)

It's thanks to years of success that a slow and failing 8th gen won't take them out of the game like Sega had to endure many years ago. But they still need to make a strong come back for the next gen consoles.

While this may be true, they still need future successes to survive as a company. If more products the produce flop as the Wii U did, it will certainly have some serious consequences and I'm sure unnerve a lot of investors.

You would think it this would stop all the Nintendoom. However, people are still saying Nintendo are going to disappear.

Nintendo won't die and they'll bounce back, but there's no denying the damage they've created for themselves.

Nintendo has 812.8 billion yen in the bank. It can lost money for the next 60 years. Beside, I do not want Nintendo go bankrupt.

You would think it this would stop all the Nintendoom. However, people are still saying Nintendo are going to disappear.

people saying that are Sony and MS fanboys who don't acknowledge Nintendo consoles most likely despite growing up on them.

Nintendo won't go down that easily. They'll always think of something and come out on top, whatever they choose to do. The Wii U was a little disappointing, but they can make up for that with the next console (let's hope they don't let us down again!) xD

Back