Nintendo Direct 13/2/14 Predictions!

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
As I'm sure some of you are aware, Nintendo has announced that they will be holding a Nintendo Direct at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 10pm UK / 11pm Europe, and will be focusing on games slated for release this Spring.

What are you hoping to see?

Reactions: Heart
I want to see Yoshi Yarn. LOL

Reactions: BjFauble
I want to see Yoshi Yarn. LOL

Ooo, yeah, definitely. Although I think that will probably be a Winter release because they didn't even have anything to show at E3.

I'm mostly predicting a Tropical Freeze trailer, Diddy Kong for Smash, and a Mario Kart 8 release date/trailer.

Ooo, yeah, definitely. Although I think that will probably be a Winter release because they didn't even have anything to show at E3.

I'm mostly predicting a Tropical Freeze trailer, Diddy Kong for Smash, and a Mario Kart 8 release date/trailer.
I though tropical freeze was already out. Diddy for smash is a given, they usually don't remove characters. I think they will announce new games because there has been nothing lately.

Reactions: BjFauble
I though tropical freeze was already out. Diddy for smash is a given, they usually don't remove characters. I think they will announce new games because there has been nothing lately.

Yeah, Diddy Kong is basically confirmed. Gotta be. No, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze comes out tomorrow in Japan and on the 23rd in the US I THINK.

I'm also hoping they announce Miyamoto's new IP. That and, Next Level games has been hinting at a new project.

Yeah, Diddy Kong is basically confirmed. Gotta be. No, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze comes out tomorrow in Japan and on the 23rd in the US I THINK.

I'm also hoping they announce Miyamoto's new IP. That and, Next Level games has been hinting at a new project.
Is Next Level the people who made all those Eshop games with the airplane and stuff?
Hope not, they sad.

Is Next Level the people who made all those Eshop games with the airplane and stuff?
Hope not, they sad.

No, that was Level 5, the developer behind the Professor Layton series. Next Level games made Punch Out!! on Wii, both Mario Strikers games and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a Starfox or F-Zero game, quite honestly.

Oh yeah, Kirby Triple Deluxe will probably get a release date. And maybe we'll hear more about NDS coming to Wii U VC and the Virtual Console in general.

I actually want smb3 to come on virtual console, probably won't be announced but idc

I actually want smb3 to come on virtual console, probably won't be announced but idc

That's a possibility, seeing as the Direct is on a Thursday. (eShop update day)

Maybe once that comes out people will stop complaining about how Europe has been getting a way better VC selection.

That's a possibility, seeing as the Direct is on a Thursday. (eShop update day)

Maybe once that comes out people will stop complaining about how Europe has been getting a way better VC selection.
I want a huge surprise, hopefully something that is unexpected, I would really like to see more info about Hyrule Warriors,SSB4, Sonic Boom and also I wish something like GBA VC supported on 3DS would be announced. :)

I want a huge surprise, hopefully something that is unexpected, I would really like to see more info about Hyrule Warriors,SSB4, Sonic Boom and also I wish something like GBA VC supported on 3DS would be announced. :)

Yeah, definitely! This Direct is getting WAY more hype than usual. Next Level, Monolith Soft, Platinum, and even GAME tweeted about it! I know I shouldn't raise my expectations, but I can't help it. After Nintendo's terrible January, I really hope they announce something great.

Reactions: Reece
I'd love to see a bunch of things, but here are a few predictions that I think are reasonable ...

For Wii U - I'd really like to hear some more news on X. Bayonetta 2 news would probably go over big too.

For 3DS - GBA Virtual Console games finally!

Reactions: Reece
I'd love to see a bunch of things, but here are a few predictions that I think are reasonable ...

For Wii U - I'd really like to hear some more news on X. Bayonetta 2 news would probably go over big too.

For 3DS - GBA Virtual Console games finally!

What I expect from the next Nintendo Direct:

3DS Section:

The Impossible Thing: A GBA Virtual Console Section
More GBC Games, because they're good :thumbsup:
Some Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU Revelations.
And more info on Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney. It looks good.

WiiU (I haven't got it, but why not watch it ?):

I guess that we'll get more info on: Hyrule Warriors (correct if I have made a mistake with the title), Sonic Boom, and MK8. I wouldn't be surprised to see comparison with SSB 3DS (I duplicated this one, because I have put it in the 3DS Section, but it also targets WiiU).

And the DSVC thingy planned for WiiU.

Back