Nintendo direct 13th September Reactions

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Whooo luigi’s mansion 3 Yeees i sure hope they make it good. It looks good, but please make it more like the first game.

New splat music sounds like a anime opening. Apparently some of that leak we saw earlier is true. I just hope it wasn’t all true..

Many games like daemon machina looked like they definitely needed the work till thier 2019 release.

They had alot of Final Fantasy games. I look forward to playing many of them.
Town looks super fun, like a harvest moon/ animal crossing game where there is a threat to your town.

The ending was great. It showed us just how good a HD animal crossing game can look, but instead of announcing that they first put Isabelle in smash. Then they brought tom nook in. Beautiful.

Suprised we didn’t see metroid, but we cannot expect everything. Half the direct was leaked and it was still great.

Me currently: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAx1000

Nintendo, I still hate you for having that heartbreaking emotional rollercoaster at the end. You knew EXACTLY what you where doing, and you did it.

Reactions: Danominator and Samster

Nintendo, I still hate you for having that heartbreaking emotional rollercoaster at the end. You knew EXACTLY what you where doing, and you did it.
Yeah, it was great. My stream cut out right as the door was knocked on, so i was guessing for a bit, but by time i got back I pretty much knew what was going on.

For a second I thought Isabelle was gonna have a game where she was the mayor XD

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! ANIMAL CROSSING FOR SWITCH!?!? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! You actually don’t understand how hyped I am for this, maybe even more than Smash! Animal Crossing is one of my favorite game series of all time, so I’m about to die of exhaustion from screaming too hard. xD Also, Isabelle in Smash? I lol’d so hard when that happened, but nonetheless, I’m majorly excited. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is also a super hyped thing for me too. Overall, Nintendo blew me away, and I can’t wait to see them release!

P.S. Wait, if the Smash bundle comes out Nov. 2nd, and it includes a digital copy of Smash Ultimate, does that mean you can get the game early?

Reactions: Starry Windy
P.S. Wait, if the Smash bundle comes out Nov. 2nd, and it includes a digital copy of Smash Ultimate, does that mean you can get the game early?

It'll be a pre-order code

Reactions: Mikaya and Samster
I guess it was totally worth the wait! There are just so many things to love in that ~40 min presentation, but I must confess that Luigi's Mansion blew me far far away. Instabuy!
Super Mario Bros U Deluxe looks dreamy! I wonder if the guys at Nintendo will ever stop milking the nostalgia-port cow...
In regards to the non exclusives side of the show, I must say I'm really looking forward to the forecoming Asmodee Digital addition to the Switch. It's gonna be a lot of fun playing those games local coop.
Oh, and that Animal Crossing footage at the end of the stream...

So exciting! I can't believe what Nintendo did at the end... made us think there would be a new Animal Crossing game, then revealing Isabelle in Smash. Then Nintendo made us think Tom Nook was going to be in Smash but instead revealing a new Animal Crossing game! I think Nintendo did that on purpose lol.

Reactions: Starry Windy and Samster
Oof, yeah probably, lol

For sure. They wouldn't have you getting the game early lol. Although that would be cool but definitely not happening. The bundle looks interesting though.

That was super exciting! I thought at the end it was just gonna be Isabelle in smash, which I wasn't all that excited for, but then it made perfect sense that right after they would go ahead and announce a new Animal Crossing game for the switch! The only thing is that game will probably be a very late 2019 title so it kind of sucks that the wait is so long. Either way, excellent direct in my opinion, even if it was a little light on the 3ds and Paper Mario and Geno in smash side of things.

The new Animal Crossing game better be good or I won't get a switch and the game :eyes:

I missed it and didn't feel like watching a replay.. but I asked in the shoutbox and it seems like Animal Crossing is coming to the Switch, so I went in a room and screamed. Not really ^^ but you get the idea :eyes:

I was hoping we'd get full list of the Switch games that came with the online subscription, but oh well..

Reactions: Mikaya, Duffy, Starry Windy and 1 other person
I'm sure you really did scream...

Yep Animal Crossing Switch is coming and it better be good.

Reactions: Starry Windy and Samster
So the first part of the Direct that caught my attention was the Kirby's Epic Yarn remake. Didn't expected it to be on 3DS instead of Switch, but at least I'll look forward to it. Splatoon 2's introduction of the latest update looks neat, even though I find it interesting that at the end, it shows sponsors just like what I saw on some Japanese shows.

Meanwhile, I'm also digging into some news of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Nintendo Switch Online. New Super Mario Bros. U DX looks interesting, Yoshi's game got a crafty name now, and Square Enix pushed SO MANY Final Fantasy games? Oh my. The last part made me laugh and glad when Isabelle was surprised that she made it in Smash as a fighter :p

Yep this was a really awesome direct. I love how Nintendo teases the games. First thing that I was interested in was Kirbys Epic Yarn too, and then most things after that were exciting. The Isabelle part was my favorite part for sure.

Reactions: Duffy

I can back her up, she was freaking out. xD

Everything but New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe impressed me. I mean, why? After Super Mario Odyssey, I thought Nintendo was going to break the trend of average Mario games. This feels lazy and confusing. Who the heck thought of Peachette, because that's some weird fanfiction coming true there. And for the record, this is the 6th entry in the series counting Luigi U...and they're keeping the U in there?? This is where the Wii U porting needs to stop, this is lazy.

As for my positive impressions, the 3DS could not be anymore alive right now, holy sandwich.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn 3D??? Never could have expected that we'd be getting a return to that game. Plus the fact that you can now play both "yarn" Nintendo games on the same console with the same cartridge type. That's amazing. Can't wait to see improved controls for the motion and pointer stuff. Touch controls? Sign me up.
-Luigi's Mansion 3D looks great, although the framerate in the footage can't be from a New 3DS. It's not even hiding how laggy it is. Luigi's Mansion 3 is still in development, so I look forward to seeing improvements on that.
-I love how Yoshi's Crafted World looks and plays. The Unreal Engine clearly being used to full potential here.

That's the most exciting stuff for me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Yoshi's Crafted World looks really amazing. Really good looking game.

So sorry Smash, but all those Final Fantasy titles have caught my attention :eek:
I've only ever played X and X-2, so the chance to finally play a couple of older titles (especially VII) without hunting down a copy and console is some amazing news. I have no idea why VIII's being skipped though.

Back