Nintendo direct: The smaller games

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
Ok so all the major games and major news have been discussed in other threads. But what about the rest of the games in the direct? so i'm gonna discuss all the other games here.

Outer wilds
This game doesn't interest me too much but the publisher is known for some good games like donut county and "what remains of edith finch" and i'm not really sure how the gameplay is.

Famicom detective club
This seems like a fun visual novel game. I'm getting ace attorney vibes from this for some reason. There are 2 different games. It would've been better if they were both part of a collection.

Samurai Warriors 5
This will be a fun game. But I don't think many people will but it. Now is a bad time to release this especially with age of calamity releasing a few months ago and persona 5 strikers releasing this week. Since they all have similar gameplay, people might choose the zelda or persona variants instead.

Legend of mana
This looks pretty fun. It looks bright and cheery. I like how the map is empty and you basically make your own map. I hope this is $10 or below

Tales from the borderlands
This is an interactive storytelling game (like until dawn). So instead of exploring and stuff, you'll be making choices to change the fate of your characters. This happens in between borderland 2 and 3.

Capcom arcade stadium
This is basically switch online except with different games. You can download it and get one game for free but other games cost money.

Stubbs the zombie
This looks pretty unique. It's a zombie game but YOU'RE the zombie. That seems pretty fun tbh. You have to infect the whole city.

No more heroes 3
This truly surprised me. I wasn't interested in this game before but now I am. It looks really unique. You have to face these challenges to get to the bosses and each challenge looks really interesting. Im pretty sure I saw a final fantasy-like rpg section and a horror section. And you have to do weird things like mowing lawns??? This truly intrigues me and I wanna see more gameplay soon.

Neon white
The trailer went too fast for me to understand what was going on, but it looks like a game where you go around killing monsters and collecting cards which provide special moves to defeat more monsters. Idk tbh. I'm a bit confused.

DC super hero girls
I'm not interested in this but i'm sure others are. The game's split into two parts: you as a superhero and you as a student.Reminds me of persona 5 in a way.

Plants vs Zombies: Battle for neighborville
Just a third person shooter with characters from plants vs zombies. I don't see anything too unique, but PvZ fans are probably overjoyed.

Project triangle strategy
This looks really good. It looks a lot like octopath traveler. That's because it's made by Square Enix. And the choices feature seems interesting. It might give it a good replay value and tons of different endings. I'm looking forward to seeing more info.

Star wars hunters
Not any gameplay seen. But it's going to be a star wars themed free to play battle royale game. I would try this out just to kill people using lightsabers.

Knockout city
This looks like a combination of ninjala and rocket league. The only difference is that it's not free. It's extreme dodgeball in a futuristic city. It looks nice and it'sgoing to have cross-play from day 1. I would've liked it if this was free to play though.

World's end club
The plot seems pretty interesting. But i'm not sure what you do in the game exactly. It's a side scroller but they didn't show any jumping or any fighting. But there were bosses. I'm just not sure how the fighting would work.

Ninja gaiden:master collection
I have never played ninja gaiden except for the snes version. But I know that people have been asking for this. Maybe this could lead to Ryu in smash bros?

Ghosts n Goblins resurruction
The infmous ghost and goblins game is getting a remaster. This game is EXTREMELY hard. In the snes version, you have to go through the game twice to complete it and it was extremely difficult-even with the rewind feature. This looks really nice but it's not for me. People who like gameslike cuphead would love this for the challenge.

So these are all the smaller games shown in the direct. What are your thoughts on them? Which on of these are you excited for the most?

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
Famicom detective club
This game looked interesting, I liked the Phoenix Wright Vibes.
DC super hero girls
whoaskedforthis
Project triangle strategy
This actually looked really cool, when they were showing it off I thought it was just Octopath 2. I love the graphics style both games have. I probably won’t get this because I still have to play Octopath, unless this is completely new then I might get it.
World's end club
I was kinda confused about this as well and how everything will work, but they’ll probably show it at a later date. I’m mainly excited for this one because it’s from the creators of Danganronpa.

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
I wouldn’t necessarily call these “smaller”. They just got lost in the hype or controversy of the other ones. No actual indie games were even shown in this Direct.

I’m excited for Famicom Detective Club. For me it was the highlight of the Direct. Didn’t even know it existed, so it was a great surprise.

Tales From the Borderlands is a cool series of games. Very similar to how Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead played (all made by Telltale). Ties into the Borderlands games. The question is how well it will sell at this point.

No More Heroes 3 seems to be insane in a good way. Gameplay looks really varied.

Legend of Mana is great. I don’t even remember if I played the original or not, but I’ve played others in the series and the trailer looked good.

I’d mention SaGa Frontier Remastered as well. I played the first and second back on the PS1 and enjoyed them. Really interesting mechanics with branching storylines. Will be cool to see how it’s been updated.

Reminds me of persona 5 in a way.

Leave.

• Funny
Just in a small way. Like how they're trying to save the world but also trying to do normal tasks like going to school and stuff.

Reactions: phofufury
There's a demo available for Triangle Strategy, by the way. Haven't played it yet but I like SRPGs so I might check it out.

Just in a small way. Like how they're trying to save the world but also trying to do normal tasks like going to school and stuff.

I don't think it's accurate to compare the games when one has so much more critical acclaim than the other. Well... to be fair, I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I can already tell DC Super Hero Girls is going to knock Persona 5 out of the park easily.

Watch out, this time next year, DCSHG is going to be the cult classic of the decade.

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak, phofufury and Mizunil
Watch out, this time next year, DCSHG is going to be the cult classic of the decade.
Who needs Botw 2 when we have DC Super Hero Girls??

Reactions: Trazzers, Deepak and phofufury
So, there are two gams that interest me the most. Stubs the Zombie, and Star Wars Hunters. I heard that Stubs the Zombie was a classic game to play, i've seen gameplay to. It looks fantastic, and hilarious. This surprised me because the original was just kinda lost. Didn't seem like they would revive it. It was lost cuz it was stuck on an old gen console. Anyways, Star Wars Hunters seems really interesting. I'm not the hugest Star Wars fan, mainly loving Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and The Mandalorian. The Battle Fronts did not interest me at all. But here we are, now its a Battle Royal? and free-to-play? This seems more interesting. Now, the only thing I will absolutely hate will be if players will spam you with lightsabers. I hope lightsabers won't ruin the game. This kinda happened in Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy, in multiplayer mode. I havn't tried online mode, but with bots. The bots always used lightsabers and there was really no need for laser guns. I imagine the same with actual people. When you have a lightsaber, you're invincible. I can't wait for these games!

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I will absolutely hate will be if players will spam you with lightsabers
Thats gonna be me. Ill spam lightsabers all day till i get bored of it and delete the game. And then redownload a month later. Rinse and repeat.

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Crowing
Thats gonna be me. Ill spam lightsabers all day till i get bored of it and delete the game. And then redownload a month later. Rinse and repeat.
then hopefully u'll be on my team and not me against u lol

Reactions: Deepak
Haven't been able to watch the whole direct yet (just some snippets here and there), but based off the ones I've seen and Deepak's descriptions...I'm most hyped for:

1. Project Triangle Strategy (thank GOD this is just a working title)

2. Famicom Detective Club (hugeee fan of mystery/investigation visual novels à la Phoenix Wright)

3. DC SUPER HERO GIRLS

4. Legend of Mana (Oh boyyyy do I have a lot of hype for this one!! I played this way back when it was first released on ps1, but I never got to finish it. I know that this is part of a series, where Trials of Mana, which is a game that's also remastered and available on Switch, is the one before it. The timing couldn't have been more perfect for me as well since I just recently finished Trials of Mana the other week! Will definitely pick this one up!)

Reactions: Deepak and Mizunil
3. DC SUPER HERO GIRLS
the show isnt bad tbh. dont judge lol, i had to babysit my younger siblings a few times, and they like that show. anyways, it's actually pretty accurate to the comic books, and quite entertaining. idk why its "superhero girls" when its actually suitable for any gender. tbh, i hate it when they make something gender specific even tho it can be for anyone. the game, however, looks like its targeted for girls and women, which isnt bad. im fine with that, but if it turns out to be suitable for any gender, then think they should rename the whole series.

Reactions: Trazzers and Deepak
Warriors games have been done to death so much in general Now That's What I Call Music! is going to be jealous. Kinda thinking Marc would do another Warriors giveaway given the fact he did the same for Ryza. Wasn't the other one on the Switch supposed to be the definitive Warriors game anyway? Why bother getting into the series at all if it plays out the same?

Neon White looked like a pretty unique game. Like if KH: Chain of Memories from the Game Boy Advance was a 3D shooter instead like Doom. Neat concept that can add some storytelling depth later.

Ninja Gaiden Collection had me going into hype mode. Knowing the other titles are on NSO might bring more people into the series. If it goes on sale (which I know they do) I'm going to pick it up out of curiosity. I really like how this one has all the DLC included.

The others aren't bad either except that Persona 5 knockoff. It's just I have nothing personal with those games.

most of the games were neat to see they are coming soon m but did not leave much of a impression/pack much of anounch.
however ghost and goblins game remaster i thought to myself “oh that game where usada pekora the bunny girl vitural youtuber from hololive that often dies in start of each level that ragna the blodedge japanese seiyuu/voice actor is a fan of , ooh lookin forward to watching her play that game” watched her play that game so,e days later and she payed it for hours on stream and dies tons of times and get to hear her make that milf like laugh of hers that is stuck in my head “ha up ha down ha up ha down”
no more heroes 3 and the angel heaven card shooter games had the new big guns feeling if 60$ games that would come out before november of their given release years. games with polish and are enjoyable but only people who are into those types of games could properly detail their pros and cons.
for me however none of the games captivat me enough to wannt to bbuy but i did like mario golf the most but like with the tennis games before it im in no rush to get them. they are not hard games to find, even now at least until their stock runs out the 3ds mario sports games are not hard to find in stores that sell games.

Back