Nintendo files new SNES-styled controller with the FCC

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I don't really care if it's ever made a thing but I'm sure someone out there might love the idea.

Basically Nintendo filed a new “Wireless Game Device” with the FCC and it's apparently "Switch" related because it has the “HAC” identifier that's shared by all Nintendo Switch hardware. Could be Nintendo's way to get people to buy these controllers specifically for their Nintendo Switch Online monthly game library.

WFwz041.png

What do you think? Do you think we'll possibly start getting SNES games on the Nintendo Switch?
Would you purchase one of these controllers or stick with your own?

Reactions: P2.0 and AricAttack
Beats me, I could go either way, tbh. But maybe my siblings might be interested?

Yeah, looks exactly like a NES or SNES controller, so I’d be willing to bet a lot that it’s for the Nintendo Switch Online stuff. Not really that interested, and I don’t think many others will be. But hey, if this means we’re getting SNES games, maybe I’ll be slightly interested in actually using my subscription for once :p

Reactions: P2.0
I would rather just buy the SNES/NES games because it would be cheaper if the online features in other games wasn't an online subscription. I wonder if it will have an analog stick and a D-pad in case people want to use it for other games. If they did it with the NES controller than I think it would be repetitive to have one for Switch as well as already having the SNES Classic being out for a while so I don't know what Nintendo is doing.

I better be able to use my snes controllers somehow
Edit: we better get dreamland 3 on snes online

After seeing the controller on FCC, it seems that SNES Online might be inevitable at this point, and I don't mind if I can play some SNES games soon. However, I'm not sure on getting the SNES controllers because I don't think it supports shipping to other countries outside of US/Europe/Japan yet.

Reactions: Bagel
i guess the SNES cames will be a addtion to the yearly suscription, maybe it will be a different app separate from the nes games, but surely it will be "free" if you have paid for NSW online

Back