Nintendo Indie World Showcase to air on August 18th

• Thread starter Gram
  • Start date
Gram

Gram

Time to Start the Show
Towns Folk
On August 18th at 8 AM Pacific, there will be a 20 minute presentation on upcoming indie releases.

Here’s the link to watch once it starts:

What do you hope to see?

On August 18th at 8 AM Pacific, there will be a 20 minute presentation on upcoming indie releases.

What do you hope to see?
I'M CALLING IT EVERYBODY. GENERAL DIRECT ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK

Reactions: Deepak

What do you hope to see?
I just hope there are good sales on the eshop after this.

WOAHHHH SO MANY OF THESE LOOK SO GOOD!! In particular, I'm most excited for the following:

- Hades: Bastion and Transistor are two of my ALL TIME FAVORITE indie games (in fact, I think Transistor might just take the #1 spot for me) so I'm super excited to see that Supergiant Games will come back with another adventure that I could put loads of hours on! By the looks of it, it's more like the style of Transistor, white new rogue-like elements and gameplay:D

- Spiritfarer: Looks like a really original story/concept (a game where you guide souls to the afterlife) mixed with familiar gameplay (management, exploration, a bit of platforming here and there). I'd like to see how it all goes together!

- Bear and Breakfast: You man your very own bed & breakfast....AS A BEAR!!!!!! o_O

- Card Shark: Looks reaaaalllyy interesting..I don't think I've ever seen a game about card tricks and performing those card tricks while trying not to get caught, all in an 18th century French motif. Definitely the most unique and most surprising for me of the bunch.

Reactions: Gram and Marc
Great showcase today. There were a number of games that caught my eye.

Garden Story was a game I played during one of the indie events on steam. Even though it was a demo, it seemed really cool and the art style was very cute. It has the feel of a Zelda game but with vegetable and fruit people.

Spiritfarer looks really cool. I love games where you can sail around and do stuff, like AC Black Flag or Wind Waker. The concept of helping souls pass is also super interesting. Did anyone else get a spirit Mufasa vibe from that lion haha

Bear & Breakfast has an intriguing concept. If the gameplay is as fun as it looks, it could be a good game. It reminds me of Bear Restaurant, a game on mobile, but mostly that’s just because it has a bear in it that owns a business (that one is actually more of a mix between this and Spiritfarer)

Card Shark is another one that looks really unique. There have been games like Red Dead Redemption where you can cheat at cards, but this has you cheating as a central theme. It could be good if they can mix up the gameplay enough to keep it interesting. I also laughed when the dev was doing the card trick and then put the cards down at the end and they were all aces.

There’s only a peak of The Red Lantern, but I see dogs so I am immediately interested.

I don’t know what to make of Struggling. What I do know is it has a unique style to it. Just all kinds of flesh and body parts.

Inmost could be really good. I’ve heard good things about the mobile version on Apple Arcade.

She Dreams Elsewhere is another one I played a demo of during the Steam event. It had a lot to like. Very Earthbound in its battle system, but with modern adults rather than cartoon kids.

Overall, it was a cool presentation. The future looks bright.

Reactions: Deepak and Trazzers
Back