• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
image.png
Happy 128th Anniversary Nintendo!

That's right on September 23, 2017 was Nintendo's 128 Anniversary! You may not believe it but Nintendo has been around since September 23, 1889. May seem unlikely but that's actually when Nintendo began, instead of Making Video Games like they do now, they used to make Playing Card by hand back then. And yes they were popular back then but now there even more popular. I'm not going to give you a history lesson but just know that Nintendo is older than most people think! (Most People say Nintendo is better than Sega well you can also say Nintendo is older :p Sega is 57 Years old)
First Playing Cards then to Nintendo Switch is a huge leap business wise. Let's hope Nintendo keeps going and maybe soon a 200th Anniversary? Let me know what you guys think!
If you post you must say #Happy128th or if you want since I posted late say #HappyLate128th

Reactions: Mizunil and V_Weeb
yeah they made hanafunda cards, which are actually a fun game to play. in context though, they are yuonger in video gaming terms, by a long shot.

How are they younger in video game terms? They made the NES and that was around forever ago; only the Atari came before. Of every modern hardware developer they are the oldest and longest lasting. Sega and Atari both died (as hardware developers) and Sony and Microsoft are much newer than Nintendo at developing hardware.

the nes came out around 30 years ago in 1983, this is alot smaller than 128 years when they made cards. sonys first "game" system came out in 1944, while they started their company based on tvs and dvd sets in 1946 while nintendo was in 1889. Microsoft first system was released in 2001! and it was founded in 1975! So yeah, @TribstyAnn the nes may seem old to you which it is, but its only 3 decades so not quite

I'm just curious what you are comparing it to. It's about as old as you can get in the video game market. Sure there are slightly older things, especially if you would consider some of the forerunners of videos in competition with them, but the NES is pretty much the oldest home console besides the Atari. Nintendo was also making arcade games even before the NES was released. So while it isn't super old just in general, as part of video game history it is very old. Also did you make a typo saying that Sony's first system was released in 1944, but the company was founded in 1946? I think you might have meant that the playstation was released in 1994, after a failed partnership with Nintendo.

oh the 1944 was a typo for 1994, and after all of this thread, it has made me wonder, what if nintendo produced tvs and other devices like sony and microsoft? How would it effect their sales? Is that why their systems are better or worse than sonys? We will never know. (but a nintendo pc would be pretty cool)

I'm a few days late, but woah! :0
I didn't expect Nintendo to be around for 128 years, and that they started by making cards.
That's some pretty cool facts. Nintendos made it far in the world being a really popular video game company. :3

#HappyLate128th <3

I knew nintendo was old, not really how old,but I knew it has been around for a long time since its beginnings. I remember my first time I touched a famicon it was at a neighbours´ house and I still remember the first game I played, excite bike. That was a hell of a momento for me! Actually I was so excited for that game that I begged my parents to buy a famicon for me. Such a wonderful memory.

o_O looks like mario 128 is real, mario oydessey

Back