Nintendo is banning hackers from its online service

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Unfortunately, some hacks are already available for Splatoon 2. I even saw a video of a guy using the gold dynamo roller with increased speed that I showed @TribstyAnn this week.

Thankfully, Nintendo is banning these hackers from its online service:

DdyIGORUQAACpT4.jpg

I've been seeing a couple of these images going around, so I assume multiple people have already been banned. I hope this is a permanent thing and that the hackers can't find a way around it.

Reactions: Mikaya, Samster and AricAttack
I'm all for this especially since we are going to have to pay for online soon. Cheaters are never fun to play with.

Reactions: Mikaya, Marc and Kadaj
I'm all for this especially since we are going to have to pay for online soon. Cheaters are never fun to play with.
yeah i agree, it would especially be a problem for splatoon 2 since nearly everything in the game goes to the online. though it feels kinda awkward when i think about people buying a subscription just to cheat online and show off like that, seems like a waste of money there >.<

Currently we don't know how this works, if it bans the account or if it bans the system's IP from accessing online features. The person you showed we with the mini gold dynamo is a hacker who does fun entertaining hack for videos. He does not release his hacks, thankfully, but we never know if someone else could recreate them.

I mean Nintendo did this on both 3ds and Wii U and we all know how well that worked. #Sarcasm Hopefully all this stuff, as well as save data are saved to the cloud, so save editing will be impossible. But knowing Nintendo it won't be. Not to mention people who haven't hacked anything are having their game crash when using amiibo, so I don't really trust any of Nintendo's technical skills anymore.

Reactions: Samster and Marc
Isn't it normal for any company to ban hackers? I'm sure this is a relatively normal process from both Sony and Microsoft.

Reactions: Kadaj
Sure hope this doesn’t become a regular thing. I just want to play Splatoon 2 without someone literally warping around the map or filling the whole map at once with their ink color. Sure hope Nintendo gets their act together so they can stop these guys.

Unfortunately, some hacks are already available for Splatoon 2. I even saw a video of a guy using the gold dynamo roller with increased speed that I showed @TribstyAnn this week.

Thankfully, Nintendo is banning these hackers from its online service:

DdyIGORUQAACpT4.jpg

I've been seeing a couple of these images going around, so I assume multiple people have already been banned. I hope this is a permanent thing and that the hackers can't find a way around it.
These bans are caused by downloading games for the switch and putting it on there computer. Its pretty much means the person bought the product and intercepted it on there cpu and since nintendo noticed this they ban the person its not necesarilly for game hacking its more of they want to prevent piracy more then anything else right now. Dont quote me on the things i say im pretty thats what i read.

I haven't been as involved in the Switch hacking community as I was in the 3ds's, but that's definitely not something I've heard about. I don't think piracy has become a thing, at least not for the casual user yet. (There's a big difference between one or two developers doing something, and it being released into wild.) Honestly this could be the problem, but there's so much information still yet unknown, that, since Nintendo isn't telling people what they're doing and how they're doing it, has to be found out through trial and error.

Back