Nintendo is for children?

• Thread starter Envy
  • Start date
Envy

Envy

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I know Nintendo have franchises with cartoon mascots like Mario and Kirby but why is Nintendo childish for having these franchises while Sony has Knack & Little Big Planet? Is it the name "Nintendo" that bugs people?

Because most of their games are rated for everyone. Doesn't mean all the people who play them are kids, is just that since wii Nintendo itself has advertised their consoles that way.

that's just a statement that's not even true. Nintendo has family games that anyone of all ages can play. Anyone who says that are just jealous of Nintendo's awesome game releases! xD

Nintendo always had difficulty marketing their brands to be "in" with what's typically considered cool. Most of the coolness Nintendo gets is from 8-bit nostalgia.

it interesting Wii sports biggest age range was senior and the disable for people purchasing the game. i like Nintendo because it something that family of all ages can play. if i wanted to play my mom a game it be easier to convince her with Nintendo games like Wii sports or Mario than call of duty or halo.

What everyone else said; the reason Nintendo is known for being a "childish" franchise is because children can play most of the games. That doesn't mean adults don't play them too, though. Lots of adults play them. It's just more popular among younger people.

Many of their games are for kids these days and those who enjoy pure easy gaming, unlike their early days where the games were made for everyone to enjoy.

I don't necessarily think that Nintendo is only meant for kids it has a lot of family friendly gaming in games with your concepts than other companies. I think it's a good starting place for kids to get into video games with simple games like Mario kart for the DS's or the Wii's but anyone can play Nintendo games, butit's all about who chooses to do so.

Lot's of adults play Nintendo games and there are many Mature games in the Nintendo game library so nintendo isn't technically just for children , though it certainly is the main audience of the crowd :p but Nintendo games are really fun for everyone no matter the age

Well the main reason is that the games are supposed to appeal to children. But the rating E for Everyone fits a lot of teens and young adults in the category by surprise. Plus I think Nintendo games are games that almost everyone can relate to.

It's just because Nintendo is more family oriented, you don't have to worry about anything inappropriate popping up or kids getting scared by certain scenes. Not to mention the graphics are much more welcoming to look at and not to mention vibrant and lively.

Unlike games like CoD, or GTA where everyone looks like they want to hurt you. I mean even Minecraft has a lonely feeling to it(...so...alone...oh so very alone...)despite it looking welcoming. I think Nintendo wanted a cluster characters that make you feel a certain way just by looking at them.

By looking at Kirby you think cute and after seeing what he can do you know he's powerful! Looking at Link you get a sense of adventure and heroism.

I think that's what they were aiming for.

Because their focus was primarily on family-friendly games - or at least, up until recently, where they've begun to take a grittier turn. A change of hearts, of sorts. They're not so focused on the colourful aesthetic they used to have but I'd say it's still there to some extent, especially compared to their competitors.

Xbox and PlayStation, meanwhile, have always focused much more on darker games like FPSes. Or so it seems. Especially the former, I've heard they tried to introduce a more family-friendly mascot but that idea failed miserably. So they stuck to Master Chief. The latter at least had Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot.

Nintendo, meanwhile, what are their darkest mascots? Samus, perhaps. She's about it and even then she's more colourful then most of Xbox and PlayStation's mascots. Fire Emblem? Well, those are some dark stories, but it's still only fantasy-themed. And it wasn't until recently that FE was considered a major IP.

I think it was with the rise of FE that Nintendo became less family friendly. And perhaps with the new darker direction they're taking Zelda in. As well as the various ports of games such as Dark Souls and Skyrim. But their focus is still primarily on Mario and Pokemon and the like, all their family-friendly series, so I think it's fair to say they're still family-friendly.

Nintendo is for everyone lmao. I'm 18 and my love for nintendo hasn't died down. I sill play splatoon 1 after first playing it when i was 13 in middle school. Everyone says nintendo is childish when their are literally grown adults vibing with some animal crossing.

The older games were more for children in my opinion. You couldn't get good graphics until the SNES for all the mature stuff. Same goes for the Game Boy. No red, only green or grey. Virtual Boy? Might be worse for your eyes than your brain. Now it's an artform that can become more than just happy fantasy or realistic violence. Then again it's more child friendly than Xbox or Playstation but that's just a generalization. The Wii taught us games are for everyone. It's more of what you play than what you own too so this question is also ageist and weighted.

from my eyes nintendo is a mixed bag.
it does not feel like nintendo was purely for kids.
it felt more like the more afforadable game system to buy in the past.
older games tend to be safest buy for kids.
but present games not so much especially with omega labyrinth life and senran kagura games.

Back