Nintendo is no longer charging for joycon repairs

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I guess that lawsuit hit them hard or word just got out about the joycon drifting issue?

Today we learned that Nintendo is no longer charging for joycon repairs. Those who already went for repairs can get a refund, which is a really darn good thing.
Customers will no longer be requested to provide proof of purchase for Joy-Con repairs. Additionally it is not necessary to confirm warranty status. If a customer requests a refund for a previously paid Joy-Con repair […] confirm the prior repair and then issue a refund.
If you play games like Splatoon 2 A LOT, you may have noticed some "drift" in your joycons. I remember one time my joycon made my character do a 360 and it costed me one of my inkling's lives. My team needed me to hold that position at the time and I failed them because of the joycon issue.

Reactions: Kadaj, Samster, P2.0 and 2 others
I guess that lawsuit hit them hard or word just got out about the joycon drifting issue?

Today we learned that Nintendo is no longer charging for joycon repairs. Those who already went for repairs can get a refund, which is a really darn good thing.

If you play games like Splatoon 2 A LOT, you may have noticed some "drift" in your joycons. I remember one time my joycon made my character do a 360 and it costed me one of my inkling's lives. My team needed me to hold that position at the time and I failed them because of the joycon issue.
Yesssssss! Finally!
Also, both my left joycon and pro controller have a drift :(

Reactions: Samster and Marc
I don;t think it matters to me because I live in a place Nintendo doesn't care about :( (but they now finally have an official importer so I'm not sure)

Wait, are you serious??? :eek: That's amazing, I'm so glad they've decided to do it for free now. :D
The next step, ( if they really want to, that is ) is to find a different material to put in the Joycons so no one will have that trouble in the first place. :'p That would really put the icing on the cake, if you ask me. :3

Reactions: Samster
Neeto

How long do the repairs take?

About time, lol. I can’t tell you how many pairs I sent in for repair, because it was always the drifting issue, or one of the buttons sticking, never to unstick. The Joy-Cons honestly feel unbelievably cheaply made, especially for $79.99 per pair.

Glad that they’re refunding as well, because I dropped quite a sum of money for all those repairs. Tbh, I thought that this would happen soon enough, but the refunds are an added bonus.

Reactions: P2.0
About time, lol. I can’t tell you how many pairs I sent in for repair, because it was always the drifting issue, or one of the buttons sticking, never to unstick. The Joy-Cons honestly feel unbelievably cheaply made, especially for $79.99 per pair.

Glad that they’re refunding as well, because I dropped quite a sum of money for all those repairs. Tbh, I thought that this would happen soon enough, but the refunds are an added bonus.
#SamsGoldRushIsComing :cool-pika:

Reactions: Samster

i cant even word the amount of frustration this problem has caused me playing resident evil revelations. the drifting issue has been going on since the systems launch as far as i know and the fact that theyve said virtually nothing in response to the obvious widespread problem that its been for how long now, its only natural theyre in this mess as i speak. you cant ignore a problem like this where people spend 80-90$ only to run into this 2-5 months later and expect to 'get away' with it so to speak (not sure how else to put it, sorry if that sounded harsh).

tbh when i looked it up a month or two before the lawsuit was official and saw they still failed to respond to the mass of complaints with anything but 'set up a paid repair', i had a feeling it might come to this for them as pitiful and sad as it is. had to go this far just for them to fix the problem thats affecting too many switch owners, pitifully sad...

well, at least i got mine fixed free, theyre fine so far i guess

If you play games like Splatoon 2 A LOT, you may have noticed some "drift" in your joycons. I remember one time my joycon made my character do a 360 and it costed me one of my inkling's lives.
I love it when my character forces me to do 360s :eyes:
I got a repair for my right joycon near the beginning of the year and it took about 2-3 weeks to get it back to me.
I even got a Nintendo switch pin and a Pokemon Sword & Shield poster :D (although it one side is technically a promo). Sadly though the same joycon is drifting again, so it took about 5 months to drift and I'll probably send it in again in a few months.

Back