Nintendo is not quitting the mobile game scene

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm sure most of you have heard that Nintendo was going to put a pause on mobile game development after the success of Animal Crossing on smartphones and tablets. It's been confirmed that Nintendo is not going to stop development of new mobile games.
In addition to generating revenue and profit, our basic strategy with the mobile business is to expand the number of people who have access to Nintendo IP. For example, we have broadened the fan base for Nintendo IP like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Mario Kart, and in doing so increased our points of contact with consumers. The mobile business is also strategically important for the expansion of Nintendo Accounts, which support our relationships with consumers. Sales from the mobile business do not account for a very large percentage of Nintendo’s overall business, but the mobile business itself is significant in that it provides a wide range of consumers a way other than Nintendo Switch to continue to enjoy playing games using Nintendo IP over a long period. When global distribution of the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp app began in the fall of 2017, for example, it introduced many female consumers and US consumers to the Animal Crossing series, and those same consumers later went on to purchase Animal Crossing: New Horizons and a Nintendo Switch console. And starting with Mario Kart Tour, mobile applications have proven to be a great opportunity for people to create Nintendo Accounts. In ways like these, the mobile business with its multiple objectives is contributing to the sustainable growth of the overall Nintendo business.
I'm not surprised by this considering Nintendo has made millions of dollars with their mobile games.

How do you feel about this?

• Funny
Reactions: AricAttack
Whatever, I don't really care that much about their mobile games.

I wish they would focus on one thing at a time to deliver better quality products. But if they're making mobile games, I hope it doesn't affect the quality of Switch games

As long as it aint IOS exclusive. (Not a problem for me but still...)

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
As long as it doesn't affect the quality of the console games I don't mind.
It makes sense that they're doing this for money and such but its sad when it causes other games
in its franchise to have lower quality or a longer wait time for release

If it means they can make money off IAP in mobile games and keep it out of console releases, I’m all for it.

Honestly not surprised. Besides they made it big with Mario kart tour. I seen kids on the bus playing Mario kart tour and their kids that don't even play video games on Nintendo consoles. It's pretty weird to look at lol. But I appreciate Nintendo trying to reach to non gamer audiences trying to make the fanbase grow. I'm glad they learned from their mistakes from miitomo and are making some pretty good mobile games. Personally i'm not a mobile gamer at all and I'm much more of a console gamer myself but I'm looking forward if they make any mobile games involving splatoon. If they do i'll look into it for sure. Hopefully i'll enough space on my phone for it lol.

Back