Nintendo land: why you shouldn’t ignore launch bundle titles.

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Nintendo land was the game that came with the deluxe version of the wii u. But, similar to wii sports on the wii, its a game that I wouldn’t want anyone with a wii u to miss. The solo games are so-so, but they show off many different ways that games could be played. (Really the only one I didn’t like was yoshi’s fruit trail, because all of them are high score games where you either game over or get to the end, but yoshi encourages you to take your time, and then you wasted 4 hours of your day. The other ones are fun though.)
The real highlight of the game though is its vs and coop games. Metroid was the only action shooter available from Nintendo till splatoon came around, and there is so many levels to play, as well as a few different versus modes. The zelda game is a challenging quest that is fun to go through by yourself, but the difficulty also increases with the player count, so adding more players is a blast too. Pikmin is good too, but hard without good team coordination. It isn’t as fun by yourself.
The versus games are all a blast to play, though most people ignore the animal crossing one because they prefer mario chase. Mario chase is tag, but everyone tries to tag the mario with the gamepad, who has a top down view of the whole map. This leads to some crazy jukes and last minute tackles that keep the adrenaline pumping. Luigis mansion is fun because you can actually scare people sometimes. But not usually so bad they don’t want to keep playing. The gamepad/ghost player is invisible, and must scare everyone. I have had parties where we play the mario and the luigi games for hours.

Nintendo Land was bundled in my Wii U as well. My favorite game in it was the Donkey Kong tilt game. It was really fun to play.

I never had a Wii U but Nintendo Land seemed fun, like a mario party for everything Nintendo. A cool idea to be sure, but not enough to send me over the edge to get a Wii U...

Ah, Nintendo Land. Haven’t heard that name in a while. However, the game indeed was fun for me and my family. We had a fantastically fun time with Mario Run, we thought that was the best game on there. :p

it was a very fun game, way better than wii sports in my opinnion, it would have been better if it had online for the multiplayer minigames

My bundle came with New Super Mario Bros U along with the Luigi DLC but I got Nintendo Land separately from GameStop as used, it was a fun games but most of the time you needed the tv to be able to play the single player mode or friends to play the multiplayer, I think that it should have had online multiplayer or something like that so if you don’t have any IRL friends you can still play with other people, but other than that I enjoyed it :D

Back