Nintendo might be working on an achievement/trophy system for Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I don't really care too much about achievement/trophy systems on consoles but I wouldn't mind it being added. According to a group of indie developers, Nintendo is working on such a thing for the Nintendo Switch.
IGN said:
During a Reddit AMA, the team behind Lichtspeer, which is coming to Switch, were asked about whether the game supported online rankings; in the reply, team member Tom indicated that they were hoping to add rankings "along the way", also dropping an intriguing little nugget:

"Nintendo doesn't have an official support for Achievements and Leaderboards, like Sony or Microsoft, but we know that they're working on it."
Seems interesting but not something that'd motivate me to 100% games :redpanda:

I don't really care about Trophies, I mean, the only games I platinum'ed are Severed and Child of Light - even if this doesn't have a proper Platinum Trophy - because they were story and exploration related.

That said, I think it might be an interesting addition and I know that many people like trophies, so why not?

Reactions: Marc
I feel like they have been messing with this for a while, but just haven't found a way to make it " Nintendo" like. Personally I never been into the trophy or achievement lifestyle , but I know this would make a lot of people happy . At this time I just don't see it happening, but when it does I hope we can turn the notifications off for it. The only way I can see myself get into a system like trophies or achievements is if you unlock special themes or avatars or even My Nintendo coins, which I doubt would ever happen. lol

Reactions: Samster
I sure hope that this is happening! I've always been a big fan of achievements on my Xbox and Steam, so if the Nintendo Switch got it, that would be fantastic for a guy like me! What I find really fun is to 100% some games, and I did just that with Hello Neighbor on both Steam and Xbox. If Nintendo really did add this as a feature, I would absolutely love it! Also, @Mel has got the right idea with rewards for achievements such as My Nintendo points or special rewards, because that would give almost everyone who plays the Nintendo Switch an incentive to start earning them. Plus, they would totally destroy Sony and Microsoft in the achievement category if they did that.

While some games in the Switch already have the achievements that works inside of the games (like Piczle Lines DX, and apparently Vroom in the Night Sky also has one according to the video trailer), at times I'm intrigued on how Nintendo would work on achievements in the system considering they never done that before, but I hope it will be a great feature if it's launched for real. And I also agree with @Mel that achievements can be rewarded with My Nintendo points or something special, which will encourage most Ninty gamers to complete the tasks even more.

Reactions: Samster
Achievements are great, especially ones that aren’t related to in game tasks

Woah I did not expect actual confirmation this is happening, I should stop watching unreliable news sources.

I do hope they bring something kinda in my opinion having that kinda gave u a lil more to do in a game made u more interested in a game

i dont really care about trophies, specially is they are just for show and doesnt unlock anithing playable, if i play a game in the higthest difficulty option it would be for the fun challenge not because trophies

Back