Nintendo reveals new NES Controller themed Joy Cons

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
In the latest Nintendo Direct, we got our first look at Nintendo Switch Online. It was revealed that subscribers will have access to a Special Offers page, and one of the items revealed were NES Controller themed Joy Cons.

D74C788F-B1EE-4BE1-9933-4CE619ECCFED.jpeg

They look and play exactly like the NES controllers form back in the day, but this time, they’re rechargeable, and they have SL and SR buttons on the side like the normal Joy Cons have. It’s very cool that Nintendo is releasing these only for Nintendo Switch Online members, as they’ll also be compatible with the wide variety of NES games to play when the service officially launches. So, anyone planning on picking these up?

That's a really cool throwback! They'll be perfect for all the virtual console titles I plan to get, and I now I don't even need the NES Classic :hilarious:
I'm definitely going to pick up a pair once I get some NES titles.

I think these are cool but I won’t get them. 40$ for another way to play nes games I won’t play that often.

I wanna know if they work outside of the nes games. I know they only have 2 buttons, but it looks like they have the shoulder buttons too.

Reactions: giordano88
I remember watching the latest Nintendo Direct and becoming instantly carried away towards buying those. Can't wait until they finally become available for purchase!
I wanna know if they work outside of the nes games.
My words exacty.

I’m actually not sure if they work outside of NES games or not, but I’m hoping they do. Tbh, I’m probably not gonna buy them either, but they’re kinda cool, nonetheless. :)

I’m actually not sure if they work outside of NES games or not, but I’m hoping they do. Tbh, I’m probably not gonna buy them either, but they’re kinda cool, nonetheless. :)
Ive only heard that they don’t.

Ah, The nostalgic feels...

These look great! I personally wouldn't buy them, Though. It's pretty interesting how they work similarly to actual Joy-cons. Ideal for collectors, I guess (I should buy them for the luls and sell them years later to rack in the cash). xD

I think they will be made only to be compatible with NES titles. I mean, it makes sense, right? :p

Reactions: Samster
They look pretty sick! I never owned a NES so they arent nostalgic to me at all haha.

Back