Nintendo reveals the end date of Splatfests

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
To be honest, I saw that this might be creeping up on us, but it’s still sad nonetheless ;-;

Nintendo has just announced that Splatfests will continue as normal until July 2019, in which there will be one final Splatfest, and then they’ll be done. That’s it, they’ll be gone after that. So, that means that you’d better think twice when spending a Super Sea Snail.

What do you guys think about this news?

no.
nononononono.
this can't be happening.
why do splatfests only happen for 2 years!?!? :/
and also, does this mean nintendo will come up with some new console sometime this year or next year?

Reactions: Samster
To be honest, I could care less. Although Splatfests are rare, and never hearing the splatfest songs is gonna be disappointing, the themes tended to be terrible, and they didn't feel the same as they were in Splat 1. The only downside to losing them is the incoming super sea snail drought. Its gonna be awful if you wanna reroll gear (especially considering the option to reroll for 30k coins is gone), or add slots to the cool new gear you just got (I think this also had a 30k coins option). But overall, I don't feel they will missed that much

Edit: forgot the switch basically just dropped and they barely supported it. This is pretty dumb. They could atleast add a few more or make it so the fans can make their own somehow

Reactions: Duster
That's dissapointing. I like splatfests, and while the game is close to 2 years old, the switch is as well, so ending them now will fill too early. Luckily we can still earn super sea snails by leveling-up, but it's harder and very time consuming.
Also @splatoon gogurt you can still listen to them in Squid Beatz 2 if that helps (but I agree with you that most of them weren't good)

Last edited:
To be fair, It’s pretty sad but we can’t expect them to last forever. I’m guessing the final Splatfest will be Pearl vs. Marina (Similar to Callie vs. Marie in the original game).

With that said, Some of the themes have been somewhat questionable (Toilet roll based for EU, Ugh) and honestly, I’m beginning to find the fests quite repetitive at this point. It’s just plain casual turf war with stage decorations at night time.

Excluding ranked mode entirely is slightly annoying. Can’t really be that competitive in a casual mode, Right?

Reactions: Jisenku
Back