Nintendo Selects for the Switch?

• Thread starter Mrclidexx
  • Start date
Mrclidexx

Mrclidexx

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
This was a program back for the 3DS and Wii U where First Party Nintendo Games would be discounted to 20$. I hope this program comes to the Switch, as it would make alot of the major games easier to purchase for anyone on the fence about them.

Reactions: 28142
Honestly, I'd love this. Switch games never end up coming down in price, even in the second-hand market, everything (ESPECIALLY first-party games) are only a couple of quid cheaper. A program like this would help so much.

Man I hope this comes true. This is how I got Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and Majoras Mask for the Wii and 3DS. First Party games are tough in price and the best option near me is to buy games for 50$ at Walmart. Other than that, we wait for big sales for like E3 or Black Friday.

They did already do Black Friday deals for Odyssey, Aces, and BotW so if those games don't get discounts idk what will. Maybe if there was a bigger/older selection we'll get that later in time.

A while back (2011-12 I think?) I remember being at Walmart in the video game section with my dad and there was a section with Nintendo Selects Wii games. At the forefront there were two games that stood out to me, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. He then told me I could choose a game and I picked out Super Mario Galaxy. Super Mario Galaxy would go on to be one of my favorite games of all time and a very nostalgic memory for me seeing I was like 8 or 9.

Also, switch games are expensive. I'd love Selects for the switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, please. They probably wouldn’t go all the way down to $20, though. Let’s be honest, knowing Nintendo it would probably be $40 haha. To be fair they did do $20 selects on Wii U, as you pointed out, but the demand wasn’t there on Wii U. They aren’t having any problems selling Switch games or consoles, and the 3DS games were originally $40 and not $60. I could be wrong about the prices being set, though. They may have done different prices for different games and just had them discounted.

Judging by the current prices of nintendo switch games, I don't think they will ever do nintendo selects for switch games. I watched videos on why they don't go on sales and it's because the cartridges they use for the nintendo switch are pretty expensive, and that's why most of the sales come from the eshop. But maybe they might do it in the future.

I hope this can happen to arms and to Mario & rabbids games. They are great games but they cost a lot. Also a $20 price tag for a game like that is a great deal.

I really wish they would bring this back. I just got a Switch and all the first-party games I want are still full price after having been out for quite a while. I would like to think that they will make this a thing again at some point. Maybe it's different than it was on the previous consoles because these games are on carts. Even if that were the case, we would see all kinds of sales on the digital versions. So I suppose all signs point to Nintendo just being greedy. As long as people are willing to buy their games at the same retail price they released under years ago, Nintendo will keep price-gouging as much they think they can get away with.

Whether they bring back Nintendo Selects or not, I'm waiting for Black Friday to see how low they are willing to sell them for. I don't expect much. Nintendo does not have a great track record with discounting their games on Black Friday like other companies do. I might be able to get some third-party stuff I've had my eye on for cheaper, so that alone makes me excited for those sales. If I have to wait longer to enjoy games like Odyssey, then wait I will.

Back