Nintendo shareholders vote to retain president Satoru Iwata and executives

• Thread starter Goten4
  • Start date
I understand why people (mostly fans) wanted Iwata out of the business: because of the Wii U sales. But I like Mr. Iwata, he's personality is genuine, and I think he does a good job. I don't think he would get the hate anymore, because the Wii U is gonna do so well in these upcoming year(s). So I'm happy he's back on track with Nintendo.

Reactions: 18 and Artisan
^

Besides, he cuts his salary whenever Nintendo's consoles aren't a flipping massive success right from the start line. Does Reggie do that? :panda:

:p

(Although of course, him cutting his salary actually benefits Nintendo and indirectly brings more wealth to him - guys like Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg's salaries are $1 per year!)

Ahem.

But he does a good job and I think a new president coming in and such changes would only make Nintendo's problems much worse.

Iwata is a plus to Nintendo. As @Spinnerweb, along with some other people at Nintendo, when the WiiU was in a critical situation, he cut his salary by 2.

And since he did a fantastic job with the 3DS's sales, there's no wonder why he was chosen again.
Hope he'll keep make us Nintendo players happy.

Reactions: 3dsatackman and 18
i am glad he is still the president :) . and i think that it is amazing that he cut his salery because of wiiu so he is dedicated so i think that he should keep being the president.

We all know Mr. Iwata was re-elected but this year, he managed to get an 80.64 percent approval rating. That’s better from last year’s percentage of 77.26 percent. :eek:

I think Iwata will have to step down eventually because there's no mistaking that Nintendo has made a lot of blunders in the release of their 2 consoles this generation. The 3DS almost died before Nintendo made a much needed price cut and started churning out a lot of great titles for the platform. The Wii U was poorly advertised and Nintendo expected that people would just figure out the Wii U was the successor to the Wii (many people did not realize this). I think that he will probably be replaced in time for the next console generation since its time Nintendo was put in to the hands of someone who has more business smarts.

I didn't even know that the Wii U was their next generation console at first. I just thought it was an add on for the Wii because of the way it was advertised. I also noticed that they didn't spend much time advertising the 3DS. I wondered if they could have advertised these things differently.

Anyway, my point is that if he can do a good job or a better job in the future as far as advertising the products for Nintendo then this is all fine and well. But if not then Nintendo needs to find someone who can get those things done for Nintendo.

This is a good thing they are voting to hold the best representatives of Nintendo. I do not know what will become of Nintendo without them, as they have laid the groundwork to a very popular and successful company.
They have poured a lot of time and money towards the development of Nintendo and its consoles, and I wish they move forward like this :)

Back