Nintendo Switch can't read Animal Crossing game card

• Thread starter DialgaKid7207
  • Start date
DialgaKid7207

DialgaKid7207

Dialga Lord
Towns Folk
For some reason my Switch cannot read Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Therefore IT IS A living heck.

I can't say I've ever really had issues with my consoles reading cards. It only becomes an issue when you store the cards badly, or you get dirt into the reader slot, especially for new games.

I can't say I've ever really had issues with my consoles reading cards. It only becomes an issue when you store the cards badly, or you get dirt into the reader slot, especially for new games.
I store my game cards in their cases but the dirt in the reader sounds plausible. It works sometimes but it stops when the console overheats tho....

I store my game cards in their cases but the dirt in the reader sounds plausible. It works sometimes but it stops when the console overheats tho....

try opening the slot, turning the console upside down and *gently* tapping it and see if anything falls out. But if it's tied to the console overheating, you might have other issues since the console shouldn't really be overheating in the first place..

EDIT: Unless this just happens with AC, then you might have damaged the card in a way.

try opening the slot, turning the console upside down and *gently* tapping it and see if anything falls out. But if it's tied to the console overheating, you might have other issues since the console shouldn't really be overheating in the first place..

EDIT: Unless this just happens with AC, then you might have damaged the card in a way.
Just tapped it, it still comes up with the error (if a video is needed, I uploaded one on YouTube)

what's the error?

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_174147_9.jpg
    IMG_20200609_174147_9.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 5
If it happens with all games you might need to get it repaired. Go to the link it says in the error, interesting that it's showing a data management and storage link for a card reading error, so it might tell you more

If it happens with all games you might need to get it repaired. Go to the link it says in the error, interesting that it's showing a data management and storage link for a card reading error, so it might tell you more
Opened on another tab

Did you get your switch console near the launch day? Maybe that could be causing the fault. Or return your game and get another cartridge to see if it works. If it doesn't work call Nintendo to see if they can fix the issue. If it doesn't read any Animal crossing cartridges it could be internal flaws in the Nintendo switches hardware caused by it being a pretty near launch console. If it doesn't read like one animal crossing cartridge your console should be fine. It is most likely the fault of the factory manufacturing the cartridges cause the cartridge to not be recognized. I'm very sorry your experiencing this issue and I hope you can find a solution to your problem soon.

Did you get your switch console near the launch day? Maybe that could be causing the fault. Or return your game and get another cartridge to see if it works. If it doesn't work call Nintendo to see if they can fix the issue. If it doesn't read any Animal crossing cartridges it could be internal flaws in the Nintendo switches hardware caused by it being a pretty near launch console. If it doesn't read like one animal crossing cartridge your console should be fine. It is most likely the fault of the factory manufacturing the cartridges cause the cartridge to not be recognized. I'm very sorry your experiencing this issue and I hope you can find a solution to your problem soon.
I got it Christmas 2019 (the game card works fine now so...)

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and Eric Cartman
I got it Christmas 2019 (the game card works fine now so...)
That's nice at least. Good to see your cartridge is working ^w^

Back