Nintendo Switch Dock light is blinking :eek:

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
So guys, the night before, I undocked my Switch to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate near the Wi-Fi in the Living Room, but then I accidentally left my Switch in the Living Room! :eek:

Then today, I left the room after an online meeting. Nothing was out of the ordinary, and the Dock was fine. As I went downstairs, I saw the Switch in the Living Room and decided to play some more Smash Ultimate. After an hour, My Switch hit low battery, so I decided to go back to my room to charge it in the Dock. Then that's when I noticed-- The Dock was BLINKING. Nothing was on it, no Switch, nada. It was just... BLINKING. So I decided to put the Switch in the Dock, and thankfully it worked. The Switch was charging and after unplugging the cables, the Dock was fine. Everything seems fine, but I just want to make sure if it's okay or if y'all had any similar experiences.

TL;DR Dock Blinking with nothing on it. Works Fine after unplugging cables. Is it okay?

Reactions: AricAttack
So guys, the night before, I undocked my Switch to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate near the Wi-Fi in the Living Room, but then I accidentally left my Switch in the Living Room! :eek:

Then today, I left the room after an online meeting. Nothing was out of the ordinary, and the Dock was fine. As I went downstairs, I saw the Switch in the Living Room and decided to play some more Smash Ultimate. After an hour, My Switch hit low battery, so I decided to go back to my room to charge it in the Dock. Then that's when I noticed-- The Dock was BLINKING. Nothing was on it, no Switch, nada. It was just... BLINKING. So I decided to put the Switch in the Dock, and thankfully it worked. The Switch was charging and after unplugging the cables, the Dock was fine. Everything seems fine, but I just want to make sure if it's okay or if y'all had any similar experiences.

TL;DR Dock Blinking with nothing on it. Works Fine after unplugging cables. Is it okay?
Sounds fine, I’ve had times where I fell asleep while the switch was on and in it’s dock. And still worked fine.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Sounds fine, I’ve had times where I fell asleep while the switch was on and in it’s dock. And still worked fine.
nooooooo I'm perfectly fine with leaving the switch on the dock. The problem is that the light blinks repeatedly even though the switch isn't even docked. Probably have to clarify that the Switch wasn't docked overnight.

Reactions: AricAttack
From what I've heard, the flashing green light, is the flashing green light of death. But if it's outputting a signal and charging then I don't see why it would be flashing?

From what I've heard, the flashing green light, is the flashing green light of death. But if it's outputting a signal and charging then I don't see why it would be flashing?
I know right. I thought it was the green light of death too. But the part's that's been bugging me the most is why it flashes even tho nothing is plugged in.

Back