Nintendo Switch hits 7.63 Million units sold + Software Sales Released

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
Source: there are multiple sites on this here's a good one with most info I found
https://www.vooks.net/nintendos-q2-financial-results-released-switch-7-63-million-units-sold/

Nintendo has just released it's sales data for Q2 (july, august, september) and the switch has been doing extremely well. Here is the data. Keep note all this data is as of September 30th.

Hardware:
Nintendo Switch: 7.63 Million Units sold ( up almost 3 million from last quarter)
3ds (family): 68.98 Million Units sold ( up almost 2 million from last quarter)
Wii u: 13:56 Million Units sold (no change, less than 10,000 were sold in Q2)

SNES classic probably sold like 2 million but we haven't really heard about it.

Software:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 4.7m (Up around 1m)
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe: 4.42m (Up around 1m)
Splatoon 2: 3.61m (released this quarter)
1-2 Switch: 1.37m (Up around 150k)
ARMS: 1.35m (Up around 200k)

So far things are looking really good for the Nintendo Switch and 3ds. Switch has hit 8 million units sold by now and 3ds has hit 70 million units sold by now. Nintendo switch software has sold well. Surely games like Odyssey have sold well as well. The switch is looking to hit at least 10 million units sold by the end of this year. Nintendo has predicted 14 million units.

What are your thoughts? I'm predicting the switch to sell 11-13 million units by the end of this year, which is about the wii u in terms of sales. It will most likely outsell the xbox one in sales for this year (not lifetime) and be around ps4 level in sales. 3ds is surprisingly still selling insanely well, especially for a console that released in 2011. So far this year is looking great for nintendo!

I feel like Super Mario Odyssey is going to sell more copies than Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Reactions: Toasty-senpai and TribstyAnn
"The Switch is Dead/Has No games."

SHOT!

No but seriously, this is Wii levels of holy crap. Which is good because Wii U was a sad flop in terms of sales. Still love my Wii U. <3

Reactions: Starry Windy
This is astonishing, especially because Switch sells so well after several months, even rivaling 3DS by now. Could this be the second iteration of Wii? I hope this data would encourage more game companies to make more games to Switch as well, because I think Switch might make it big in these coming years.

Wow. Now you've got me thinking. Will the Switch trump the 3DS in sales and popularity? That's an interesting question.

This is really really good!! Not only for Nintendo itself but also for all those people who own a nintendo switch. those amazing sales numbers will become even more support to the console. Nintendo has a terrific line up of ips that are exeptionally good, so there is no doubt nintendo franchises will sell well on the system. The other good thing is that bethesda´s games sell well on the system. Personally, they will sell really well, I think about the warm reception of other titles such as flame in the flood or wonder boy, those games actually sold way better on the switch than on other consoles. If that continues to happen, the switch´s future is gonna be really bright.

Back