Nintendo Switch is Now 4 Years Old

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
I knew I was gonna make this thread for 2021, and even though the virus has ruined a lot of social gatherings that made the switch special, we now have had more time than ever to play on this nifty hybrid console, and many amazing games have been released throughout the years.

So after 4 years what do you think about the Nintendo Switch?

Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
Huh. Time flies, I guess, though it seems so recent that I got my Switch as a Christmas present... it was shortly after we moved house. Then again, I guess a lot has changed for me since then, I've changed a lot as a person since I got my Switch.

Not that it was the Switch specifically that changed me like this. There were many events that lead to where I am now. Still, playing the Switch for the first time, it was not long after its release that I played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which I would consider to be one game that did change me notably.

Kind of strange to see how much everything has changed, both in the microcosm of my life and the macrocosm of the world, since the Switch's initial release.

Reactions: phofufury and AricAttack
The 3DS could've had Switch treatment and had a longer lifespan granted it needed to connect to a TV somehow but through the failings of the Wii U that risk wouldn't pan out well for them. I'm glad I got a Switch to play a wider assortment of games for decent prices. It has so many talking points over the previous consoles and because they are planning more for the Switch makes me think deep down inside they want to have the player save money rather than waiting "x years" for the next Nintendo console. It's crazy to think of how good the graphical and processing quality is now that we can have the visuals we never expected from the Wii or Gamecube. Here's to the Switch living on.

It's been almost exactly one year since i got my Switch Lite. I got it for my birthday last year. Tbh, I love the Switch mainly because of gaming on the go. That's why i wanted one. I ddn't get one for their exclusives, I can really care less for most of them (i do like BOTW, still have to get that, and Smash). I don't like some things that the Switch does, like some games require the Nintendo App for Voice Chat. Glad Fortnite has it's own Voice Chat. I also don't like how their games can be $60, and paying for NSO. However, what I like most about it, is that we have a vast amount of different games and genres on there. That was another reason why i got one.

Reactions: AricAttack
That's crazy, I didn't realize it'd already been that long :eek:

Kind of strange to see how much everything has changed, both in the microcosm of my life and the macrocosm of the world, since the Switch's initial release.
I agree, I got my Switch in March 2019 I'm pretty sure (almost 2 years), and everything in my life is so much more different. Of course, it wasn't the switch that changed me, but its just cool to put that into perspective.

I have to say though, I've loved having the Switch. I've always only had Nintendo Systems, and I still remember thinking how cool the switch looked when it was released. Detachable controllers and its both a Home/Portable system! My standards aren't usually that high, but that just seemed really cool to me. Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing, even Pokémon Shield, all experiences I've enjoyed

Games have always been prominent in my life and have helped me in one way or another. :D

I agree, I got my Switch in March 2019 I'm pretty sure (almost 2 years), and everything in my life is so much more different. Of course, it wasn't the switch that changed me, but its just cool to put that into perspective.

I have to say though, I've loved having the Switch. I've always only had Nintendo Systems, and I still remember thinking how cool the switch looked when it was released. Detachable controllers and its both a Home/Portable system! My standards aren't usually that high, but that just seemed really cool to me. Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing, even Pokémon Shield, all experiences I've enjoyed

Games have always been prominent in my life and have helped me in one way or another. :D

Yeah. Since I have trouble remembering the past sometimes, I like to use events in my life that I can remember to calculate the progress of time and see how far things have gone, I guess the release of the Switch was one of those. The world's really changed a lot, for better or for worse, and seeing how long or close ago certain events have occurred really puts things into perspective.

As I said, it was XC2 in particular that changed me notably, so that's one game I'm not going to forget for a long time. It wasn't much long after the release of the Switch so these hallmark birthdays are a nice way to remember that game by.

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
owned a nintendo switch since 2018.
i have a lot of fun with my switch.
i still play both switch and 3ds but i use switch more often than my 3ds.
i enjoy playing a touhou mystery dungeon game on the system , have gotten into touhou lately through a combo of japanese artists and youtubers , ive become quite fond of hatta no kokoro “the mask wearing girl of touhou” although patchouli is my favorite touhou character.
puyo tetris games , mario kart 8 deluxe , smash ultimate and pokemon sword are games i like to play on my switch.
when switch came out i was still invested more so in 3ds and decided to wait to get a switch.

The nintendo switch is good but i feel like the switch could've had more functions by now. Like the 3ds and wii u had the ability to at least communicate with other people and friends. On switch it doesn't and it's upsetting ngl. I get that miiverse was critisized for being "bad" or whatever it was still a good platform to at least talk to your friends on a nintendo console. I want something like that to come back to the switch >->. I also wish that switch online can do more with it's service. The game trials are actually a cool edition ngl. Playing overwatch free online for a week was actually dope.

the switch has had a rocky start with some less than desirable things they implment.
this device has potential and room for more features possibilities.
however it is truly unknown if these will be realized in the future.
hoping that new features and trails to games to play free for limited time do happen in the future.
it could happen , perhaps in future switch versions more features are added , like they did in the 3ds systems.
looking foreard to the new switch model to come out in the future hope it not have bizzare name.

Happy fourth bday switch! I played Super Mario 3d All Stars to celebrate!

Back