Nintendo Switch Online - NES and SNES updates + the 3rd Nintendo Direct mini: Partner Showcase

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
A bit late, but they're updating the NES and SNES apps!! Again! Releases on the 23th!!

Firstly, S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team on NES.
All I have to say about this is that the shooting thingies on the back looks cool. It also looks hard. Not sure tho.

SNES games for Switch Online

The Peace Keepers
I don't really play beat 'em up games, but I heard it's really good.

Mario's Super Picross
To be honest, I haven't played a Picross game. Ever. Which is probably why Nintendo released this video on how to play Mario's Super Picross. I really enjoyed this video, and at the end I was like, alright now I'm ready to play! Then I remembered that they're not released yet lol. This will be a great new game for me to play while waiting for some money to buy 3D All-Stars. (Currently debating whether or not to buy it now, or buy it on Christmas.) Who knows, maybe I'll spend an hour or two on this game. Maybe several.... Don't know what Mario has to do with any of this though.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
A few years ago, I thought it was Diddy Kong's Quest. but then I learned it was Diddy's Kong Quest. That's when I decided to check this game out (I know, kinda weird motivation but still). For me, this is the best game in the series-- right after Returns 3D. Haven't played Tropical Freeze tho :sorry:. This one was my favorite game out of the original trilogy, and it still is-- although an issue I have is that the original DKC games are HARD, and this one is no exception. or maybe I'm just bad at the game.

In other news

In Japan, all the new Switch Online games are for the Super Famicom app.

Starting with Super Tennis. My original statement for this was about it being a tennis game, but after reading some stuff online, it looks like it's a good tennis game, and that it was incredible. I don't know for sure tho tbh.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Wild Guns

iirc, I already covered this game in a previous post. If not, I'll edit this part later.

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
I haven't played the older Fire Emblem games, and it looks like I still won't be (I don't know how to speak 日本語 ) If only they localized it when the DS remake came out :mad:. But yeah, I heard the gameplay is the same, so yeah. I'm not a huge Fire Emblem Fan, but I like chess :p.

The 3rd Nintendo Direct Mini is on November 17 --10 AM EST
This is an interesting topic to talk about because it's Nintendo Direct, and it's a Partner Showcase. I wonder what they're going to present? It's scheduled too(in UK and Japan)! Not like previous Direct minis iirc.

Can't wait to see how badly I can crash my switch with diddy's kong quest. Considering how nintendo does this by just grabbing roms from the internet, I'd be suprised if they patch it. Certainly wasn't patched on the wii u version.

Mystery of the emblem seems cool. Might give that a bit of a play though I should probably go back and focus on 3 houses

Picross is also awesome. I enjoy picross far too much so another one to add to my collection is awesome.

• Funny
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Mystery of the emblem seems cool. Might give that a bit of a play
You speak japanese? :eyes:
i tried learning japanese just to play shin megami tensei on switch online but i became busy with school and gave up.

i tried learning japanese just to play shin megami tensei on switch online but i became busy with school and gave up.

I know bits and pieces of it. Playing a game fully in Japanese will help speed up learning though.

Reactions: Deepak
Lmao when I was your age, I didn't do anything except study, and look where I am now-- Basically nowhere.

• Funny
Reactions: Artisan, Deepak and 28142
Mario's Super Picross and DKC2? Hell yeah.

only a matter of time until we get DKC3

maybe

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and Deepak
Back