Nintendo Switch The Good and The Bad

• Thread starter etrian_warrior
  • Start date
etrian_warrior

etrian_warrior

Now named "Popcorn" *gives popcorn*
Towns Folk
Alright, so before the Switch was released there was a lot of speculation on whether or not the Switch would be a success. By success I don't mean do you like it or not (opinions are welcome though) but rather do you think it turned out well as in terms of functionality games/gameplay e.t.c. For example, to me I think the Switch was a huge success not only because I liked it but because it brought great games such as Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and 1,2,Switch. I also think the Nintendo Switch worked out really well because they didn't release all the games at once, they are spreading them out to give players a chance to experience each game and enjoy them to the max. Finally, I think the Switch turned out great because because of the functionality reminds of a 3DS remake but with a twist (not that the Switch could ever take away my baby). The only thing I dislike is the online gameplay subscription, don't get me wrong it is worth it and I am using it to the fullest but the fact that some people can't afford to have the same experience other players do kinda makes me feel bad. Anyways, just wanted to see what you guys think now that the Switch is actually out!

Well it is a great. You can take it with you where ever you go.

Reactions: etrian_warrior
You forgot The UGLY :D which is the entire look of the console

Lol about the ugly :p
Though I'd disagree, I think it's quite nice. I'd like some white instead of that dark grey for people who are ashamed of their device, but at least the neon joycons are less dull than the original N3DS XL colors.

Anyway.

The good? The concept. Some people don't get it and be like "wat, no power lol, PS4 mustard rice". But nope, if a PC supports Dualshock 4 controllers, it means that the PS4 is intrinsically useless (not that there is no reason for people to buy it since Horizon is not available on PC... but that there is no reason for Horizon not to be available on PC actually, except milking money out of customers), unlike the Switch which brings something (not as portable as a 3DS but far more portable than a PS4/XB1) even without being a power machine. And it's an actually viable concept, unlike the Wii U with the gamepad that no one really agreed with (some games use both the TV screen and the gamepad so you can't play in your bed, some games use only the gamepad so you can, some others are multiplayer and only one player has the gamepad, nothing coherent).

The bad? The games. Or rather the lack of them. And of course, I get it that it is just out, but how do you plan on getting devs to write more games for it if no one has it, and how do you plan on convincing people to buy it if devs didn't write more games for it? It's possible to get out of that vicious circle and I wish good luck to Nintendo for that, but it would have been better for them if they avoided getting getting into it in the first place.
I don't really agree with the fact spreading games is better. What if I don't like BoTW? I have to wait for next year to get something interesting? Well at least maybe I'll get more color choices and a price drop :p

From my point of view, that's all. Online subscription? Yeah of course people like it better when stuff is free, but it had been this way for ages on other consoles and no one threw rocks at Sony/Microsoft for that.

It is kind of early I think to title the switch a success, but there is something unexplicable about it, and that thing is the good response from the consumers. I think it is quite good that it has all the people talking about it, nintendo is doing a great job this time, if we compare it to what the marketing policies of wii u had been. Sometimes I enter the eshop and see a few games on it, but immediately after I remember, well it is nintendo and they deliver quality games rather than quantity. The online pay service does not bother me at all, as some of you guys stated it is worth it. Maybe it will give the consumer even more benefits, think about discounts on digital games for the subscribers, that would be amazing.

It is kind of early I think to title the switch a success, but there is something unexplicable about it, and that thing is the good response from the consumers. I think it is quite good that it has all the people talking about it, nintendo is doing a great job this time, if we compare it to what the marketing policies of wii u had been. Sometimes I enter the eshop and see a few games on it, but immediately after I remember, well it is nintendo and they deliver quality games rather than quantity. The online pay service does not bother me at all, as some of you guys stated it is worth it. Maybe it will give the consumer even more benefits, think about discounts on digital games for the subscribers, that would be amazing.

I totally agree with you. I prefer quality than quantity that is why I don't care about how many games are now on the eshop because the ones that are there are really good games. That is my opinion..

Back