Nintendo Switch themes

• Thread starter Taz705
  • Start date
Taz705

Taz705

TRADE WITH ME ON POKEMON
Towns Folk
The Nintendo switch lacks menu customization, they have the two themes Light and Dark.

I loved the 3ds's menu customization, the many free themes mostly different colors, with some random promotional game themes mixed in. The 3ds also gave you the opportunity to purchase themes to further customize the menu.

I feel like this isn't a necessary addition to the switch but it would be a very nice one for them to add, i like the simplicity of the black and white but i also like the "childish" look that the colors could get you.

I was thinking maybe a theme that takes your Joycon colors and kinda fades them together across the middle. so my switch would have blue on the left and red on the right. Some cool stuff like that or just some static colors would be really nice.

Thoughts on this idea?

Reactions: Mizunil, SmugWolff and 28142
The Nintendo switch lacks menu customization, they have the two themes Light and Dark.

I loved the 3ds's menu customization, the many free themes mostly different colors, with some random promotional game themes mixed in. The 3ds also gave you the opportunity to purchase themes to further customize the menu.

I feel like this isn't a necessary addition to the switch but it would be a very nice one for them to add, i like the simplicity of the black and white but i also like the "childish" look that the colors could get you.

I was thinking maybe a theme that takes your Joycon colors and kinda fades them together across the middle. so my switch would have blue on the left and red on the right. Some cool stuff like that or just some static colors would be really nice.

Thoughts on this idea?
Theres a cool thing that i JUST saw today. Others probably know it but if you go to system in settings and change display colour, there are more options such as invert and greyscale.

Theres a cool thing that i JUST saw today. Others probably know it but if you go to system in settings and change display colour, there are more options such as invert and greyscale.
Huh ill try that thanks for the help!

Heres what the inverted theme looks like. Its cool but i wouldnt keep it for more than a day

UPDATE: just found out that if u change to these modes, u have to play the games in these colour schemes too.

8C64C3F4-2E1D-4E8C-B323-97017C014B6F.jpeg

Last edited:
I mean it's a home console so what did Nintendo do with their previous ones? Basically just have it be a menu with nothing too confusing. I think it would be hard to incorporate a theme unless someone was only playing Mario related games. 3DS themes that I had really only incorporated 1 or 2 games that I own but the palette swaps for the regular menu were fine and is probably what Nintendo will do. Hacking to get different layouts probably isn't wanted by Nintendo but someone is gonna do it. On another note why can't the games locations on the menu be changed without opening the games first?

I honestly think Nintendo switch themes are cool but idk if i'll dish out money for a theme. Unless it' s a really cool theme i'll maybe get it. I really like the dark theme for Nintendo switch. In the modding community I've seen many cool custom themes users made but they aren't safe and can get your console banned since Nintendo is very strict about TOS for their own sake. I honestly think Nintendo making official Nintendo switch menu themes is a really neat idea and I'm looking forward if Nintendo decides to do that in the future. I mean it took the 3DS four years to get themes on the console so it could take that long. I don't know. Nintendo is full of surprises anyway.

Back