Nintendo switches are cracking.

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So a lot of people know that switches have been getting scratches from the dock or getting hot while playing for a while, maybe even the fan blowing loudly, but people are now getting cracks on their switches
Upon booting up one of our launch day Switch consoles at Nintendo Life Towers recently, we discovered several cracks along the top edge of the device - mainly located around the vent and the area around the headphone socket.
. So I checked my switch and it looked good, so I’m curious does your switch have any cracks on it?

Im curious where these people live and what thier tempature is, as they seem to think it has to do with overheating. Im in a pretty cold place so i wanna know just how hot it has to be for this to happen..

Reactions: AricAttack
mine doesnt have any damage
Im curious where these people live and what thier tempature is, as they seem to think it has to do with overheating. Im in a pretty cold place so i wanna know just how hot it has to be for this to happen..
its a possibility, where i live there are normal temperatures, except in summer where is hot, but ,and i hate it especially when the wind lift up the soil in summer , since it can make everithing unpleasant (even breathe is uplaeasant that way)and make the temperature even hotter, so i should take the swtich out of my home very much to avoid risks

Fortunately now the temperature isnt as hot as it was some days ago

More like an issue with faulty hardware or poor placement of the console from the owners. These consoles are designed to have fans powerful enough to cool them but the only way you can prevent that is if it’s placed in a really poor spot, such as under a blanket or in a really cramped up space where the vents wouldn’t be able to do much.

That or we have a red ring of death situation here

My switch had a lot of scratches from the back side. It looked awful. so I decided to repair and is looking great. Other than that, no scratches or cracks have happened to me (launch system owner).

I would've noticed if there were any noticeable scratches by now and I hope my Switch doesn't develop any. It does sound as if it's taking off (When I'm playing for hours) but no cracks - That sounds pretty crazy. It probably is down to errors made by the owners. The Switch really is a delicate device and should be treated well. :eyes2:

i play my switch for hours on end, sometimes going for 13+ hours straight, and i've never had this issue
must be the console owner's fault

My Switch does not have in cracks in it. I think it helps that I mostly play handheld and when it gets too hot I just turn the system off to cool off for a bit.

I just checked my switch and we're all good. I didn't see any cracks. I must say I agree with @SuperSmashBash123, I think it might be the owners fault.

Let’s not forget that it said launch day switches had this issue. So anyone that bought a switch sometime near the holidays last year is 9/10 fine.

Anyone that managed to get a Switch during the dreaded shortage period might be the one that may be in danger.

Reactions: Prime
Let’s not forget that it said launch day switches had this issue. So anyone that bought a switch sometime near the holidays last year is 9/10 fine.

Anyone that managed to get a Switch during the dreaded shortage period might be the one that may be in danger.
I guess mine that i buyed in september is safe too

So a lot of people know that switches have been getting scratches from the dock or getting hot while playing for a while, maybe even the fan blowing loudly, but people are now getting cracks on their switches
. So I checked my switch and it looked good, so I’m curious does your switch have any cracks on it?
well ive been playing mine for quite some time and have had no problems with this. i did have what i assumed to be a defective right joy con as the control stick on that one wasnt working properly (id play resident evil revelations 2 and aim my weapon up for example and when i let go it would keep aiming upward even though i wasnt touching it, and the camera would spin in circles or be stuck going up when im not physically touching it so i know it wasnt just that particular game, ended up buying a replacement as id lost patience with the problem and decided that was enough). other than this i havent run into any problems with my system and its working fine. idk know about it being an overheat problem though, some people share theirs with kids and when kids get careless that can leave a mark too, or if the temperatures where they live are unstable that can also damage a lot stuff (we all know about cars that dont wanna start in winter time lol).

Back