Nintendo used to market “other things” before video games. :o

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with some interesting food for thought. ;)

We all know Nintendo for their iconic franchise, whether it be Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, or many others. BUT! Did you know that Nintendo used to market many other things before video games? Well, believe it or not, it’s true!

They’ve apparently made Love Tester machines, they’ve had taxi services, they’ve marketed playing cards, and they’ve even tried instant rice. .-. And they’ve also tried something “interesting.” In the spoiler below, but warning, it’s sorta disturbing.

They also owned many love hotels before they designed video games. Just imagine that for a second. The creators of Mario and Zelda once owned places where couples could get it on. Kinda disturbing. ;-;

Anyhoo, did you know about any of this? I knew about most of it, but the instant rice was a shocker for me. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: AricAttack
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with some interesting food for thought. ;)

We all know Nintendo for their iconic franchise, whether it be Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, or many others. BUT! Did you know that Nintendo used to market many other things before video games? Well, believe it or not, it’s true!

They’ve apparently made Love Tester machines, they’ve had taxi services, they’ve marketed playing cards, and they’ve even tried instant rice. .-. And they’ve also tried something “interesting.” In the spoiler below, but warning, it’s sorta disturbing.

They also owned many love hotels before they designed video games. Just imagine that for a second. The creators of Mario and Zelda once owned places where couples could get it on. Kinda disturbing. ;-;

Anyhoo, did you know about any of this? I knew about most of it, but the instant rice as a shocker for me. :p
I thought everyone knew about this stuff though ;~;

I knew a lot of this, but the most notable one is playing cards. Nintendo has existed as a company since 1888, which is pretty remarkable, and from the start, all the way towards the 1940s or 1950s, they created playing cards. A video game company, creating playing cards? I wonder if they celebrated the company's 100th anniversary in 1988.. :p

Reactions: AricAttack
Honestly I didn't know about most of this, and its pretty cool. I heard of them making Love Testers. Did you know in Majoras Mask in that Marine Research Lab place where you put those Zora eggs and whatever there is a Love Tester sitting right on the table? Its a pretty cool easter egg in the game, seeing how Nintendo made these Love Testers way back in 1969.

Reactions: Samster
Back