• Thread starter Henry 25313
  • Start date

Should Nintendo make a VR device?

• Total voters
Henry 25313

Henry 25313

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
So, I was thinking about something after the Nintendo E3 a few days ago, and thought I should tell 3dsPedia about it: Should Nintendo have a virtual reality device? I, personally, think so, since it would be mutual(We get a great new way of technology, while Nintendo makes a profit.) Also, what kind of first person games should they have? I think they should have Smash Bros., Pokemon, and Metroid games if they do have a Virtual Reality Device. I also have an image of what I want a future Nintendo VR device should look like(if they make one): Nintendo ON. After all, if Samsung can do it, then why can't Nintendo?

I want vr mostly so I can play Zelda BoTW in vr but I would also like it in other zelda games.
Quick question why do you want smash brothers to have vr it's a 2d game so first person would look weird?

I think it'd be great for Nintendo to make a VR device! But it'd depend on the game. I'd like it in Zelda games (Specifically Ocarina of Time 3D and Twilight Princess) but in other games it might be more difficult. But if they made them just for the device that'd work, but it could also anger some players that want to be able to play a game without buying another device.

I honestly don't want them to go VR.

See, it's actually just a gimmick that increasea costs, say, if Nintendo wants to make another underpoweres console to save costs, they'd still have to increase them once more for VR.

It's better if they make a straightforward game console with no gimmicks.

I honestly don't want them to go VR.

See, it's actually just a gimmick that increasea costs, say, if Nintendo wants to make another underpoweres console to save costs, they'd still have to increase them once more for VR.

It's better if they make a straightforward game console with no gimmicks.
Sony is having its own VR and the ps4 isn't a gimmicky console, Nintendo could make the nx have VR as an extra thing you need to buy if you want VR like Sony is doing.

Sony is having its own VR and the ps4 isn't a gimmicky console, Nintendo could make the nx have VR as an extra thing you need to buy if you want VR like Sony is doing.
But it will need extra specs to be able to fully accommodate to VR, so they'll still be wasting money away on the gimmick.

PS4 is getting a more powerful revision to accommodate for it.

But it will need extra specs to be able to fully accommodate to VR, so they'll still be wasting money away on the gimmick.

PS4 is getting a more powerful revision to accommodate for it.
But think about it if we get a more powerful console it will have more third party support and games would look a lot better

But think about it if we get a more powerful console it will have more third party support and games would look a lot better
Not what it means. The extra specs will be meant for VR, not for games.

*cough* *cough* Virtual Boy *cough* *cough*

But in all seriousness, nintendo doesn't need one.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Nintendo doesnt need one, also Smash bros on VR would suck and pokemon would be BORING as the main reason i play pokemon is because its portable, so the only things i would like to see with VR would be metroid..... and starfox...and.... mario kart? 90% of the franchises i mentioned are pretty much ded sooooooo..... PLEASE DONT MAKE ONE OR I QUIT I SERIOUSLY QUIT

Reactions: Blue Knight
Nintendo was actually one of the first companies ever to experiment with 3D, as well as VR and motion control. Problem is, since they started out so early the technology wasn't ready for their ideas and most experiments turned into flukes. (They had this crazy heavy VR helmet, but the view was so pixelated it didn't feel real at all.)

Now that the technology is ready though, I can't find any good reason for Nintendo not get out and about and start working on the successors of their projects.

Nintendo VR would be great. ( don't make it 700$ please :facepalm: ) But yeah, Smash VR would be weird, but a 3D fighting game would be pretty cool. LOZ VR would be great, one hand a sword and the other a shield... Metroid would be cool, since it's a shooter, and Pokémon would be awesome, exploring and seeing Pokémon in VR.

As long as it's more like the Vive instead of the Rift then it'll be good.

LOZ would be so much fun but again it's that issue of you can't move much. I think Nintendo VR would be great when they find a way of being able to walk where ever and over a large area. That way it'll work so much better.

Smash might be wierd unless they do something like Mortal Kombat or street fighter and have that kind of layout instead.

What's wrong with the rift. It has better quality and it's getting it's own controllers and there's even a 3 feet bubble you can walk in

What's wrong with the rift. It has better quality and it's getting it's own controllers and there's even a 3 feet bubble you can walk in

The Vive has more freedom to walk about in and it has tracking remotes that sure are a bit glitchy sometimes, but do you really expect this kind of tech to be working 100% of the time? The Rift is a bit behind on VR tech, and the 3 feet bubble is nothing compared to the Vive. The Vive allows you to walk around your whole room and can change the game depending on how much space you have.

Huh. Funny to see this thread now, so long after Nintendo actually released a VR device... I think. Labo? It was so long ago, but I remember they gave it Odyssey and Smash functionality after it was released, perhaps elsewhere as well. It didn't seem partiularly impressive of popular - I mean, it was cardboard - and has long since been forgotten about.

Switch_NintendoLabo_VRKit_ToyCon_VRGoggles.1551921669.jpg

...So, yeah, here was Nintendo's VR innovation. A piece of cardboard that you attach to your head and put your Switch on the other side of. Not so surprising Labo didn't do very well, particularly the VR aspect, maybe it will end up on a list sometime in the future as one of Nintendo's mistakes they like to forget about.

Speaking of which, Nintendo really do have a habit of bringing out innovations they immediately forget about, don't they? Amiibo was kind of like this, too. AR cards. Some were actually pretty fun and never lived u[ to their potential, but I guess that's what happens when you focus on gimmicks and fads, then never follow through with them. They never live long.

Back