Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Have you heard of it?

It was a connector that allows Nintendo systems to connect to Internet by sharing your computer's connection.
I have one, but believe me, if you're or Windows 7 or 8, it's a pain to install.

It also works with the 3DS

Have you ever used it?

Reactions: Heart and 18
It works for the 3DS :eek:, never knew. If it was really easy to get where I live, and was also cheap, I would've gotten it, for games like Super Smash Bros. but I doubt it'll be available here..

The Super Smash Bros. 4 Direct, was the first time I heard about it :bag:. Seems like the better way to go for hardcore Super Smash Bros. players.

It works for the 3DS :eek:, never knew. If it was really easy to get where I live, and was also cheap, I would've gotten it, for games like Super Smash Bros. but I doubt it'll be available here..

The Super Smash Bros. 4 Direct, was the first time I heard about it :bag:. Seems like the better way to go for hardcore Super Smash Bros. players.

Basically, it helped the DS/Wii to connect to Internet through your computer's connection, but it also works for 3DS.
And it doesn't give any in-game bonus, it's just something to extend your signal or get access to Internet.

But, it only works with Windows Vista or XP. It won't work on 7 or 8.

I know it doesn't give you anything like in-game bonuses, but it would probably help the 3DS connection, but now that I think about it, I highly doubt that as well. :bag:

I know it doesn't give you anything like in-game bonuses, but it would probably help the 3DS connection, but now that I think about it, I highly doubt that as well. :bag:

Well, it could have helped, if only Nintendo decided to support Windows 7+.
It has no other purpose than helping accessing the net. And that's a shame that Nintendo still talk about it without giving much support for it.

If it doesn't work with Windows 7 or 8, wow, very few people will be able to use it now. :eek:

Nintendo should support this more, since it's a great idea.

If it doesn't work with Windows 7 or 8, wow, very few people will be able to use it now. :eek:

Nintendo should support this more, since it's a great idea.
Yeah, but I also think that they dropped it due to most of the laptops already having the software they used to make the connector work. But, indeed, that's too bad they dropped support, because even if you use the XP or Vista Compatibility Mode, you still can't install it, as the USB will glitch at the end, causing an error.

First time I've heard of it. :p

nice idea though. I would use it, but I have Windows 7 so it may be difficult. At least make it easier Nintendo? xD

i had one back in like 2007, and looking back its onky useful ifbyou dont normaally have a wireless connection.

So, it's like a LAN wired thingy for the 3DS? I think the Wi-Fi option is a really simple and flawless one.

So, it's like a LAN wired thingy for the 3DS? I think the Wi-Fi option is a really simple and flawless one.

It's like those 3G USB sticks, except that this one share your connection with your DS/3DS/Wii instead.
First time I've heard of it. :p

nice idea though. I would use it, but I have Windows 7 so it may be difficult. At least make it easier Nintendo? xD

Yep, that sucks. What sucks even more is the fact that they even support Vista. At least, I might be able to use it when I think of it, since I still have a CD to install Windows XP on my computer.

I remember hearing about it back in the day, when the Wii and DS were dominating the market. My internet connection works fine for the most part so I never had to buy one of those things. That is cool though.

I remember seeing one of those things lol but here in my country, its kinda expensive though :/ What I used before was the Wired Internet adapter for the Wii lol Back in the day, we still used wired internet lol my dad doesn't take technology well as much as I do lol

Back