Nintendo WIFI shutdown at midnight.

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
Catstew

Catstew

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I've got some bad news.

The Nintendo WIFI for the Wii and the DS are shutting down tomorrow (or at midnight tonight, I suppose.)
So you have less than 24 hours to use it. :(

Here's a list of affected software:

List of affected Nintendo software titles

Note: Game functionality that does not require an Internet connection will remain unchanged.

Nintendo DS
100 Classic Books
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Clubhouse Games
Custom Robo Arena
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Fossil Fighters: Champions
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
Metroid Prime Hunters
Personal Trainer: Walking
Picross 3D
Picross DS
Planet Puzzle League
Pokémon Black Version
Pokémon Black Version 2
Pokémon Diamond Version
Pokémon HeartGold Version
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokémon Pearl Version
Pokémon Platinum Version
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokémon SoulSilver Version
Pokémon White Version
Pokémon White Version 2
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Star Fox Command
Style Savvy
Tenchu: Dark Secret
Tetris DS
WarioWare DIY

Nintendo DSiWare
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
Metal Torrent
Number Battle

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Life <---- [What? xD]
Battalion Wars 2
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Fortune Street
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wii Music*

WiiWare
Dr. Mario Online RX
Excitebike: World Rally
LONPOS
Maboshi's Arcade
My Pokémon Ranch
ThruSpace
WarioWare DIY

Other
Wii Speak**
Wii Speak Channel**

(*) Services that require Internet communication ended on June 28, 2013.
(**) As Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is required to use this title, it is no longer functional

Anyways, keep using the wifi until midnight!!

So does that mean not all games will be shutoff then?

So does that mean not all games will be shutoff then?

Probably every game except the way to transfer Pokemon through Pokebank, but other than that, pretty much everything will be shut down.

I had to ask, thought they brought out a list, and did not see Dragonball Z on the list for Wii.

Oh man, this is really sad. Goodbye to my DS multiplayer and Metal Torrent high scores. :cry:

so the time has come. It's a huge shame and will be a big blow for many gamers but I guess we gotta move on.

R.I.P Nintendo Wi-fi. xD

Although I don't play the DS games anymore, I will really miss trading and battling with my older games :(

It's sad, because games like Pokemon Black/Black 2, has a huge user-base currently, and lot of people are trading Pokemon to X/Y, it's something I knew that would've happen, just not so soon. Super Smash Brawl and Pokemon would be missed dearly.

It's sad, because games like Pokemon Black/Black 2, has a huge user-base currently, and lot of people are trading Pokemon to X/Y, it's something I knew that would've happen, just not so soon. Super Smash Brawl and Pokemon would be missed dearly.
Yeah. Even now, there are a lot of people still playing Pokemon Black/White. I spent a lot of hours playing mario Kart Wii with my friends online, but we have to move on. Mario Kart 8 is coming out, so that's good news :)

Well, I will be staying up until midnight then. Even if I won't be able to enjoy the Wi-Fi from my bedroom, just for enjoying the Wi-Fi one last time, because I had so many memories on it (Pokémon Diamond, Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS and WarioWare D.I.Y...). :cry: Well, if somebody finds a way to make a custom DS server, I'll go for it. Unless it's illegal, of course.

Well, I will be staying up until midnight then. Even if I won't be able to enjoy the Wi-Fi from my bedroom, just for enjoying the Wi-Fi one last time, because I had so many memories on it (Pokémon Diamond, Tetris DS, Mario Kart DS and WarioWare D.I.Y...). :cry: Well, if somebody finds a way to make a custom DS server, I'll go for it. Unless it's illegal, of course.
Yeah. I've heard they have some sort of GCN server thing on the internet for certain online capable games on the system. I'm sure if enough time is given it would still be possible to get a server for games like Gen 4/5 Pokemon and Brawl in the future. (Although I couldn't get DIY to work online :[ )

Yeah. I've heard they have some sort of GCN server thing on the internet for certain online capable games on the system. I'm sure if enough time is given it would still be possible to get a server for games like Gen 4/5 Pokemon and Brawl in the future. (Although I couldn't get DIY to work online :[ )

Well, I have heard that it is still possible to set up a home-made GTS, don't know if it's legal though. But, it will only work with the Gen 4 and 5 Pokémon Games, so the Wi-Fi Connection is not totally dead on these games (but for WW: DIY, it's another story. You must be able to extract the mini-games/comics/discs from your save and share them on the Internet, and that's quite tough.)

Back