Nintendogs

• Thread starter Rin
  • Start date
R

Rin

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Anyone else play this? It's a cute game. I recently discovered 2 of the original Nintendogs games (I had 3 but I traded one to a friend a couple years ago), and my 3DS Nintendogs copy.

Sorry dont really like these type of game. Why you like this game? .. Personally tell me ? It doesnt seem that this game got a sales other than game like MH3 and pokemon.. It your decision however , just do what to like. :D

I loved playing the original nearly daily back when I had it, though the voice functions were kind of annoying because of how they worked.

I also considered getting the 3DS release, but in the end I passed on that.

Like Icemario, I loved playing the DS version but the voice functions didn't work very often.

I do want the 3DS version but I'm going to wait till its a lot cheaper

For me the game was a major part of me when I was younger, I used to play it all the time. But I wish they did a new 3DS exclusive nintendogs, or maybe one for the wii u maybe. Give it graphical upgrades, add more items, more breeds of dog, more things to do, more breeds of cat, maybe even able to unlock wild breeds such as Wolf or Tiger would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the original Nintendogs on the DS and I was very impressed by it. I didn't spend tons of time on it but it was one of the best pet sims I've played (either that, or reviewing a certain pet sim has ruined me and now I'll think any other pet sim is great :panda: ). It was quite impressive. I had no idea what to name the dog, I went with 'Doggie' :p

The thing I remember most about Nintendogs+Cats on the 3DS is the backlash by fans when Nintendo released a demo (3DS demos were a new thing back then) with even more limited uses than usual. I played it; it was cute, fun and detailed, a great pet sim - better than the DS one by a long way - but too time-consuming for me. Although I was more interested in it to begin with because it had nekos :cat:

I have Nintendogs plus Cats the Toy Poodle version and I really loved the game back when I first got my system! It was my first game (I got it bundled with the pearl pink system) and for a long time it was my favourite. Of course, after a while the game got old. There isn't very much to do. It is very much a game you only play for a half hour or so a day. I would've loved it much more if I was able to have more than three pets at home at one time and if I could actually do something with my cats! It would've been super nice to be able to do an infinite amount of competitions in one day or change the clock. You can change the time in the game but it's kind of a hassle because you have to use the systems clock and change it a specific way and eh. I found myself coming back to it less and less. I pop in from time to time, but I'm always broke lol. I also wish there was more variety in the competitions. I can't stand the one where you have to give your pets commands - I can never say it right and I always lose! :( It's not a bad game though. Especially not when you can find it cheaply.

I liked nintendogs on the original ds but the silhouette function in this one kills it imo. I don't feel like I'm petting a dog. XD
I wish the bottom screen still has the dogs, everything in a silhouette...makes it feel blank. :p

I liked nintendogs on the original ds but the silhouette function in this one kills it imo. I don't feel like I'm petting a dog. XD
I wish the bottom screen still has the dogs, everything in a silhouette...makes it feel blank. :p

Really? I've actually seen a few people say that. I've never played a past Nintendogs game so maybe it's because I don't have the comparison but I don't mind it being a silhouette. Especially since I'm rarely looking at the bottom screen! I almost always look right at my pet when I am petting them. :eek:

Reactions: 3823
Really? I've actually seen a few people say that. I've never played a past Nintendogs game so maybe it's because I don't have the comparison but I don't mind it being a silhouette. Especially since I'm rarely looking at the bottom screen! I almost always look right at my pet when I am petting them. :eek:

Really? I am a weird one:p I compared it to the ds version so we could have different views on it. I guess I didn't play enough of it to get used to it. :D

I loved Nintendogs! I'm actually going to be ordering one of the newer 3DS versions for my girlfriend soon as she wants to get back into them.

I had the Dalmation version for the DS. Honestly, my dogs were top tier all around. :3

Reactions: Kiki
I have Nintendogs + Cats Bulldog edition and simply adore the game!!! and the fact you can eventually get a voucher for a robo dog is cool! My pups clara and Sophie have been with me sense I Had my first old small pink 3DS came bundled and I still have the game after I traded everything I had towards my XL, Can't get ride of such a neat and unique game! who would pass up a game with such cute puppy's and kittys FullSizeRender-tile.jpg I included pics of my puppies ^-^

:cat:
Like Icemario, I loved playing the DS version but the voice functions didn't work very often.

I do want the 3DS version but I'm going to wait till its a lot cheaper
I like your profile picture.

What's better than nintendogs is nintendogs corrupted in a nightmarish horror which makes your Brain go crazy. Like seriously a pug turned into a pancake and was walking on its own face. I feel bad for him. Rest in peace jabba. Rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the DS version games of Nintendogs and to be honest , I really quite enjoyed it though I am the type of person to like to play rather fighting games and platformers . I played the demo and I really enjoyed it . It really improved in many ways especially the graphics and also the 3d effect is quite superior also . I really enjoyed it :p

I played the first one because I got it from Nsider. Nintendo gave away a few copies and I was one of the lucky ones. I played it for a good bit since it was one of the only few DS games I had at the time. They even made a whole board dedicated to it and I posted a review up in there. It's a very adorable series and they interact very well with your actions and sounds. It's just now I find it to be a little silly. I have my own dog now and I'll rather just play with him than a virtual one. It's why I gave my copy away to my friend's sister since they aren't allowed to get dogs. They also need to add scotties.

Nintendogs was one of the first games I ever played! I got it on my birthday, and I fell in love. I had a Beagle called Mickey.:love: I played it for hours but eventually I grew tired of it. It's just not like a real pet (as my jealous at reminded me by sitting on my Ds lite. :p) So I gave it to my sister who really liked it, but sadly her microphone died so she couldn't teach her doggies their names. Also; something weird happened to the gamecard and it kind of swell up at the back but it's still playable so who cares?

Back