Nintendos big irony

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Nintendos Sakurai said he wanted to create a gaming experience were handhelds could play console games.

...... Wait, is he for real?
If this is true why not make smash bros the same for wii u and 3ds? They are both really different except for the roster and story mode but they are still different. Since I'm in the subject, why isn't Mario kart 8 on the 3ds? WHATS GOING ON?!?!?!?

Can you please cite where you found this? I don't think any of us can come up with a good answer unless we know the context of your paraphrasing.

Miyamoto.
Miyamoto does not = Sakurai
pls no lies kthxbye

EDIT: Both different except for story mode & roster?
3DS version = stages based on handheld games
Wii U version = stages based on console games

srsly, check your sources before making something like this

EDIT 2: Why isn't Mario Kart 8 on the 3DS?
1. We already have MK7
2. The 3DS isn't capable of everything the Wii U is capable of, consoles are stronger since handhelds are smaller and have different things making it up

Last edited:
Handhelds are always less powerful than consoles of the same gen, and I really doubt the 3DS could handle graphics like the Smash Bros. Wii U ones with so much going on screen. While it may seem improbable to people who haven't looked into it very much, animations and the amount of action the game can display onscreen without any slowdown is just as important, if not even more so, as the 'at a glance' visuals. I'd rather play a game without slowdown instead of it having HD models and being a slideshow :panda:

As for Mario Kart 8 not being on the Wii U - each Nintendo system gets only one Mario Kart game, and I recall reading that Mario Kart 8 is just Mario Kart 7 with HD graphics. :panda:

Now to counter the two pandas above, I insert two cats :cat: :cat:

:p

Handhelds are always less powerful than consoles of the same gen, and I really doubt the 3DS could handle graphics like the Smash Bros. Wii U ones with so much going on screen. While it may seem improbable to people who haven't looked into it very much, animations and the amount of action the game can display onscreen without any slowdown is just as important, if not even more so, as the 'at a glance' visuals. I'd rather play a game without slowdown instead of it having HD models and being a slideshow :panda:

As for Mario Kart 8 not being on the Wii U - each Nintendo system gets only one Mario Kart game, and I recall reading that Mario Kart 8 is just Mario Kart 7 with HD graphics. :panda:

Now to counter the two pandas above, I insert two cats :cat: :cat:

:p
Oh yeah, I forgot about that Mario kart game, I know the graphics will never live up to a consoles but I think at least the stages should be somewhat familiar

To respond, Sakurai never said that he'd make handheld games identical to that on the current gen console, as he only noted plausible communication features as merely transferring data.

Anyways, Mario Kart 8 had a later production date than Mario Kart 7. Thus, since it's Wii-U exclusive, releasing a 3DS version would detract from the sales of the Wii U. 3rd party developers however can ignore this rule since they don't manufacture the systems themselves, seeing how likewise in the 4th generation of console gaming, neither Nintendo or Sega released first-party games on other systems.

I
To respond, Sakurai never said that he'd make handheld games identical to that on the current gen console, as he only noted plausible communication features as merely transferring data.

Anyways, Mario Kart 8 had a later production date than Mario Kart 7. Thus, since it's Wii-U exclusive, releasing a 3DS version would detract from the sales of the Wii U. 3rd party developers however can ignore this rule since they don't manufacture the systems themselves, seeing how likewise in the 4th generation of console gaming, neither Nintendo or Sega released first-party games on other systems.

I meant smash bros stages should be a little similar, sorry about that

There's always Battlefield and Final Destination. What are you getting at?

There's always Battlefield and Final Destination. What are you getting at?

We'll obviously, I'd like to see something like the mega man stage on wii u for 3ds

Back