• Bad

• Maybe if done right.

Results are only viewable after voting.
UniversalAris

UniversalAris

Kirby fully loaded is indeed not Nintendo
Towns Folk
Dear Who It May Concern,

Nintendo has an interesting history. From what I can gather, it started out as a playing card company back in 1889. From there it grew to the company we all know today, after some interest ventures including a hotel chain. However, today Nintendo is mainly among only a specific portion of the public. Many of today's parents grew up with the Nintendo 64s, thus, keeping the tradition and passing their beloved Punch-out, Mario, Sonic, Kirby, etc. to their children. This all bringing with it nostalgia for the parents. Despite this Nintendo tradition, it has also been losing popularity among children because of the Xbox and PS systems. Unfortunately, this led to the unsuccessful WiiU launch but also brought rise to the Nintendo Switch. In my opinion, in order to get an edge in the gaming market, a good industry that could keep the same style and bring a totally new class of people into Nintendo's fold is the Anime industry. This industry has been heavily gaining popularity in Western culture. Even America has tried releasing live action movies of the genre in order to rake in on the phenomenon. Nintendo being a Japanese country could very well bring this industry into its fold. Of course, paperwork and legal cooperation would ensue. But, imagine for a second that your favorite Anime, 'Sword Art Online' (For example) has been turned into a video game. But, you can actually use the Wii remote to swing Kirito's sword. This would gravitate many fans of the genre and people who just love sword fighting. This, in turn, would open up a whole new set of opportunities for the company.

To bring in a more modern example of how this industry could tap this market is with the previously mentioned, 'Nintendo Switch.' Interactive and even fully controlled Anime ventures could be installed or bought for the Switch. Because of its portable nature, you could outsmart the infamous L or take down Titans as your family drives to the Grand Canyon. Then after you stare for quite some time into the famous hole you can bunker down in a nearby Hotel hook up that Switch to the TV and get exclusive content from Crunchyroll, VRV, and potentially even Kissanime. A monthly or yearly subscription can be added in to increase the profit for Nintendo. This partnership would open this whole new market to Nintendo, while still holding onto the Pokemon lovers and Bowser sympathizers. Some might be thinking, "Wait. UniversalAris? If they start doing Anime games won't their brand of playful kid games take a hit?" Not in the slightest. Cartoon Network is seen as a kids network. Right? Wait, tell past 10 pm and you can see the adult swim side. Even if this stays a concern then they can always put another name on their content, but make it available on the Switch. Just like the famous 'NightMare Before Christmas.' Disney doesn't want their brand name on that scary masterpiece.

I truly hope this has opened your minds. If not then read it again. If so, tell the person that didn't have their mind opened to read it again.

Thank you,

UniversalAris

But, imagine for a second that your favorite Anime, 'Sword Art Online' (For example) has been turned into a video game. But, you can actually use the Wii remote to swing Kirito's sword. This would gravitate many fans of the genre and people who just love sword fighting.

I know this has been said to death but SAO is terrible. I don't know how the games are, because I've never played them, but with such lackluster and devoid of quality source material it wouldn't surprise me if they were terrible. Also lots of people don't like motion controls. Take Skyward Sword for example. Lots of people criticized it's motion controls.

and potentially even Kissanime.

You do know that kiss anime is a piracy site, right? It's totally illegal.

Overall, I think this whole idea is slightly unnecessary. While I would love for VRV, Crunchyroll, and other streaming services to come to the Switch, I'm sure they will eventually, and most of the other things you mentioned already exist.

There were Deathnote ds games (Japan only) where you could try and outsmart L or Light Yagami, and the 3ds has two Attack on Titan games. Not to mention Nintendo's own anime styled series Fire Emblem.

Some of Nintendo's properties have also already been made into anime or cartoons, including, Fire Emblem, Kirby: Right Back At Ya, and The Mario Bothers' Super Show.

And other than anything Nintendo owns, bringing anime games to the Switch would be the decision, not of Nintendo, but of the publishers and developers creating the games.

The idea of interactive anime would be cool, but I don't see how it would be different than anime styled games, or games based off of anime. These two mediums are already very intertwined, with lots of adaptations and conversions between the two. Take the currently airing Katsugeki Touken/Ranbu. It is based off of a Japanese video game series.

Reactions: spagooti
Back