Nintendo's new president and Fellows

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
And his name is John Cena! Tatsumi Kimishima. Take a look at him, most people online are saying they have a bad feeling about him because he doesn't look as cuddly as Iwata :p

tatsumi_kimishima.jpg

He's been mostly concerned with the financial aspect of Nintendo before this, having been the CFO of the Pokemon Company - and he was the manager of a bank branch before that.

Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda have been appointed as 'Fellows,' which are like 'advisors' according to Nintendo but less fancy.

What do you guys have to say? :coffee:

Reactions: Eric Cartman and Tho
Only one thing. We just have to wait and see... I hope this one doesn't screw things up like many other substitute presidents have done in such cases. I hope he does something big, big and good that is.

Please just don't ever compare him to Iwata. People work in different ways, and perhaps he could shed a light to Nintendo's future, especially with NX's upcoming release.

Though...

I hate to say this, but his personae seems less fit to host Nintendo Direct. Yeah, I miss Iwata's 'directly' now... *sob* *sob*

Can't judge a book by its cover.

I think he'll be great! Of course, like you said, he doesn't look as happy and bright as Mr. Iwatta, but from what I read, he's one of the nicest guys you'd want as president. Very soft-spoken and he listens to the fans' wants and needs. Maybe we'll get a nice Nintendo Direct soon.

Hopefully so. With Ninty's new plan for mobile games, NX, and perhaps that Quality Life stuff, I hope we will see increasing revenue for our lovely gaming company.

I also heard that this new president has a good Western tendency, so probably more localizations? How about more Western-oriented Nintendo?

Hopefully so. With Ninty's new plan for mobile games, NX, and perhaps that Quality Life stuff, I hope we will see increasing revenue for our lovely gaming company.

I also heard that this new president has a good Western tendency, so probably more localizations? How about more Western-oriented Nintendo?
Nintendo is still good because it's Japan-oriented. If that changes, it will be the end of it. Western stuff can become Japan-oriented but not the other way around. Take these two examples from other companys, Tomb Raider 2013 made by Square Enix, best one yet, Devil May Cry made by US developers, worst one by far!

Nintendo is still good because it's Japan-oriented. If that changes, it will be the end of it. Western stuff can become Japan-oriented but not the other way around. Take these two examples from other companys, Tomb Raider 2013 made by Square Enix, best one yet, Devil May Cry made by US developers, worst one by far!
What I meant was not in term of game development, but marketing strategy and enhancemanet. With Tatsumi Kimishima's experience in US, we'll probably get more chance to see either more localizations or even simultaneous release :cat:

What I meant was not in term of game development, but marketing strategy and enhancemanet. With Tatsumi Kimishima's experience in US, we'll probably get more chance to see either more localizations or even simultaneous release :cat:
You are mistaken on that. There is a reason for all the delays in every release. First they are released in Japan to test for bugs and errors, then they make a patch for those, then they enhance the gameplay, then they begin the localization. You may not know this, but even something simple like changing the language of the game can cause tons of bugs, so the safest way is to delay the international release! Unless of course, you want to play a game full of bugs and when they are finally fixed and you have come to hate the game, play it all over again. Why can't you people just wait? If it's too much trouble, Japan and US both have NTSC, so just learn Japanese (easiest language ever) and order the Japanese version online! Simple.

Reactions: dwikrid
I guess I can't just judge so very quickly but I have a feeling that this new president will be good, though we'll just have to see :p Nintendo's eventually gonna have a new president and of course he will be different from the Iwata we all know so complaining wouldn't do anything.

It looks like many people are already doubting this guy. I hope that he will keep Nintendo at the top of their game, just like how Mr. Iwata did it. And those Nintendo Directs, well I hope they will have the same touch that Mr. Iwata had. I guess that is all I can tell about him. Good Luck Nintendo!

And his name is John Cena! Tatsumi Kimishima. Take a look at him, most people online are saying they have a bad feeling about him because he doesn't look as cuddly as Iwata :p

tatsumi_kimishima.jpg

He's been mostly concerned with the financial aspect of Nintendo before this, having been the CFO of the Pokemon Company - and he was the manager of a bank branch before that.

Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda have been appointed as 'Fellows,' which are like 'advisors' according to Nintendo but less fancy.

What do you guys have to say? :coffee:
Tatsumi is not amused ರ_ರ

I think Tatsumi would be a good president despite his different personalities from Iwata I think he would be a great president like Iwata. Though I think the death of Saturu Iwata is very sad since he was a big part of Nintendo and the hearts of Nintendo fans. He had a very optimistic personality portrayed in Nintendo directs and shows love in everything he does which we will never forget him.
R.I.P. Saturu Iwata Thank you ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back