Nintendo's Youtube Affiliate Program Details

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Remember last year, when there was a drought on Youtube about any kind of Nintendo content? Well that was because Nintendo started to flag a bunch of videos for copyright of their content, when in the long-run didn't work out too well for Nintendo, since Youtubers stopped talking about their games (too afraid for their channel to be flagged) and it damaged some game-sales! I guess Nintendo finally open their eyes, and decided to make an Affiliate Program, and we finally got some information on this "Affiliate Program"

This is what Reggie Fils-Aime had to say:

“Think of it as an affiliate program where we will be providing access to executives, information, etcetera, encouraging that group of affiliates to create content on our behalf.”

“When we unveil our affiliate program it’ll be clear how different entities can play. And likely there will be a place for the kinds of examples where you reference, like, look, ‘All I want to do is capture some of the content and put it out there,’ not add a lot of value. There’ll be a role for that.

“But, candidly, what we really want is folks who are going to work with us to create some unique, compelling content, because we believe that benefits both entities. Again, you look at that Mega64 video, last time I looked, close to a million views, and that benefits them and that benefits us.”

“The first thing we needed to do was make sure that the content that’s out there was representative of the franchises. These are our lifeblood. These are our children. We needed to make sure that the content there was reflective of what these franchises are. The next step is working with the YouTube community to provide access to information, access to executives, to help them create world-class content, leveraging our franchises.”

So, let me know what you think about this Affiliate Program! If there is already a thread discussing Nintendo's Youtube copyright, I apologize (wasn't seeing any) :bag:

I am happy Nintendo has finally open they eyes, they were acting as kids not letting people post videos about they own games,sorry Nintendo but without gamers you're nothing and that's the same for Microsoft and Sony.

That's better like that. Now, maybe I'll be able to re-start my old channel with old, but great games. Though I'm not totally concerned, since I never put any ads on my videos (because I'm too young).

So, yeah, Nintendo fixed its error, and it's better this way.

Back