Contest Nintenpedia Draft League (NDL Season 1) Announcement

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hello Pokemon Masters! Today I am announcing a new Pokemon battling contest over here at the nookling junction! We have had a few pokemon tournaments we tried to start her e before, but I'm hoping the recent release of Pokemon Let's Go gets some of you guys hyped and you join me in this tournament for some epic battles!

The details:
What is a "draft league?"
In this tournament, you will "draft" or pick which Pokemon you'd like to use and battle with! Here's the catch; once a Pokemon has been drafted for a team, that Pokemon cannot be drafted by another coach! No other team can use that Pokemon. That means, if you want to use Mega Charizard Y and another player has that Pokemon, you are not allowed to use it. You can attempt to trade for it though.

What Pokemon are we allowed to draft and how/when will the draft occur?
In this league you will draft 9 Pokemon from 3 each from 3 different "tiers" (more info on the tiers below). We will select Pokemon in a slow snake style draft (in this thread) once the roster of participants is finalized. The snake style draft means that the player who drafted last in the first round will draft first in the second round, and the player who drafted first in the first round, drafts last in the second round.

What is the battling format of this league?
In this league we will do single battles on Pokemon Showdown (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/). I will give you your schedule of who you play, and then give you a large amount of time to contact your opponents and set up your matches with them. After all matches are played, we will have the top 8 teams make the playoffs in a standard 8 team bracket.

What are the limits of teambuilding (ex. Megas, different forms?)?
Once you have your 9 Pokemon, you can customize them as you see for each matchup (moveset, evs, etc.). You can use 6 of your 9 Pokemon, in any combination. If you draft a Pokemon that can be mega evolved, you are allowed to bring it with a mega stone (you do not have to specify when drafting if you will or will not be using it's mega form, and you do not have to use it every match). If you draft a Pokemon with a form change, you will have to specify which form you will use. You can only use that form while battling, and no one else can draft that Pokemon, even to use it's other form(s).

Can I change my team after the draft?
You can make unlimited trades with other coaches during the regular season, and up to 5 free agent switches during the regular season. A free agent switch is defined as dropping one of your Pokemon for another pokemon that is available (at the beginning of the season, this just means any pokemon that was not drafted. You may make your first free agent addition once you have finished your first match.

What are the tiers for drafting?
In this league we will be drafting 3 tiers of 3 Pokemon each, from the following tiers (excluding banned Pokemon):

Banned (Ubers)
  • Aegislash
  • Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Genesect
  • Gengar
  • Giratina
  • Groudon
  • Ho-oh
  • Kangaskhan
  • Kommo-o
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem
  • Landorus
  • Lucario
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Marshadow
  • Metagross
  • Mewtwo
  • Naganadel
  • Necrozma
  • Palkia
  • Phermosa
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Salamance
  • Shaymin
  • Solgaleo
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zeraora
OU (OverUsed)
  • Alakazam
  • Blacephalon
  • Celesteela
  • Chansey
  • Charizard
  • Clefable
  • Excadrill
  • Ferrothorn
  • Garchomp
  • Gastrodon
  • Gliscor
  • Greninja
  • Gyrados
  • Hawlucha
  • Heatran
  • Hoopa
  • Jirachi
  • Kartana
  • Keldeo
  • Lopunny
  • Magearna
  • Magnezone
  • Mawile
  • Medicham
  • Mew
  • Mimikyu
  • Pelipper
  • Pinsir
  • Rotom
  • Sableye
  • Scizor
  • Serperior
  • Skarmory
  • Swampert
  • Tangrowth
  • Tapu Bulu
  • Tupu Fini
  • Tapu Koko
  • Tapu Lele
  • Toxapex
  • Tyranitar
  • Uxie
  • Victini
  • Volcarona
  • Zapdos
OU (UnderUsed)
  • Aerodactyl
  • Aggron
  • Alomomola
  • Altaria
  • Amoonguss
  • Azelf
  • Beedrill
  • Bisharp
  • Blissey
  • Celebi
  • Chandelure
  • Cobalion
  • Crawdaunt
  • Crobat
  • Darmanitan
  • Empoleon
  • Haxorus
  • Heracross
  • Hippowdon
  • Hydreigon
  • Infernape
  • Klefki
  • Krookodile
  • Latias
  • Lucario
  • Magneton
  • Mamoswine
  • Manectric
  • Moltres
  • Muk
  • Nidoking
  • Nihilego
  • Pidgeot
  • Primarina
  • Sharpedo
  • Slowbro
  • Raikou
  • Stakataka
  • Starmie
  • Suicune
  • Sylveon
  • Tentacruel
  • Terrakion
  • Togekiss
  • Volcanion
RU and below (RarelyUsed and below)
All other Pokemon not listed above

So, tell me what you guys think! The first 8 people to sign up will be completely free (I will also cancel this if less then 8 sign up, so show me your interest!)! I will charge 10pc to enter for others after that. The grand prize for this season is 100pc, but if this is a big success I may run it again in the future and do an even larger prize! If you have any questions feel free to ask below!

EDIT/UPDATE: Well it seems I have failed again to drum up enough interest to hold this tournament so I am cancelling it. Thank you to the few who did express support! Sorry!

Deadline to sign up: Cancelled as of 1/30/19

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Kream
Reserved for future use

Oh boy, join me in

Despite my time being short lately, I'm in. I'm also willing to sponsor an extra six hundred fifty pc towards your prize, to promote battles in Pedia.

since it in pokemon showdown, i will join

Back