Nintenpedia Mafia - How much do you trust each other?

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Story
Chapter 0
It started on a normal Tuesday night in the NintenPedia town. Two of the most prominent citizens, Marc and Dark Link were talking about "New My Nintendo Rewards, Out Now!" when all of a sudden MemberX comes screaming over chanting something about sending Dark Link to jail! After a big commotion involving pro-Darklinkers and jail-Darklinkers Marc's thundering voice came down from (the heavens) his throat: "Enough." And just like that the brawl was over. Suddenly the others see what Marc had seen.

3dsCollector's body is lying on the ground. No one checks it, but everyone instantly knows.

Marc, almost whimpering, says "It's just as I feared... we have a mafia problem on our hands... and there's no one we can trust." Quickly realizing they have no motive, no means, and no leads, they realize they will have to take matters into their own hands, and take out the mafia by themselves... Stay tuned (and sign up) for chapter 1, and to see how the whole story plays out!

Rules
Game Day length: 3 Days/72 Hours
Game Night Length: 2 Days/48 Hours
Day Start/End Times: 11 PM EST (or 11 PM Eastern time)

1.] Object of the Game
The object of "Are you a Mafia" is dependent on which side of the game you're on. The majority of players are split between 2 factions (Mafia and town), while others may be an independent player. Townies win when they have eliminated all the Mafia. Mafia wins when they the majority of people left in the game (unless otherwise noted, see below)

2.] Game Days and Game Nights
The Game Day is divided into 2 cycles: Day and Night. Some people may have abilities that can be used during the daytime, or nighttime, depending on the abilities and will be noted on a players role card.

2a.] Game Day
The Game Day will last 3 days. During this time, players may post freely in the main Mafia thread (This thread). During this period, players are encouraged to remove a player from the game by casting a majority vote in which player to lynch. Once night falls and the Day Summary as been posted, nobody is allowed to post in the main thread until the beginning of the next Game Day.

For example, if there are 12 players, 7 votes are needed for a lynch. If 7 players post "VOTE: Marc" Marc will be lynched and removed from the game.

2b.] Game Night
The Game Night will last 48 hours, or 2 full days. During this period, any player with a night role may choose to use their skills by PM'ing me (3dsCollector). At the end of the night, a Night Summary will be posted explaining all that happened during the night, then the next Game Day will start.

3.] Voting
Voting can happen at any time during the Game Day as long as your character is allowed to speak. To vote, all you need to do is either bold your vote like this:
  • VOTE: Marc
or by using asterisks (*) like this:

• **VOTE: Marc
Failure to do either will result in the vote not being counted.

You may also change your vote anytime you'd like you, except when the final vote for the day occurs. Unvoting does not need to be in the same post as a vote. To unvote, follow the guidelines above for voting:

• UNVOTE: Marc
  • **UNVOTE: Marc
Failure to do so will result in the unvote not being counted and all other votes during the Game Day to be invalid.

3a.] Self Voting:
A player may not vote for themselves under normal circumstances.

4.] Posting
Unless otherwise stated by the GM, all posting will cease when the time for the Day to ends. Also a lynched player cannot post at all. Also please do not post if you are not in the game.

Do not quote verbatim anything from me. You may paraphrase, reword, summarize, etc. any messages, but nothing can be a direct quote (there are a number of small reasons this can hurt the game or someone's credibility, they have to believe you for your word, not mine etc. so just don't do it).

4a.] Private Messages, Deleting Posts, and Editing Posts
All are a no-no. You cannot communicate outside of this thread for any game reason.

5.] Modkills
Modkills may happen at anytime the someone breaks the rules. I will determine this at my own discretion but I hopefully will not have to use it.

6.] Death
Death is not permanent unless otherwise stated by the GM. While your character is in a death state, you may not post in the main thread under and circumstances until the game is over. This includes bumps, vote counts, etc.

7.] Inactivity
Inactivity is considered to have less than 2 posts during the Game Day. This is ignored for sometimes, but please remember to post and keep the game fun and interesting.

8.] Roles
Everyone will have a role to play in the game. The roles are seperated into 2 teams: Mafia, Town, or Neutral/Independent/Other. Below is a list of common roles that are typically found in Mafia. These roles are not set in concrete and may be altered by the GM, new roles may be created, and other roles may not make an appearance, etc. This is just to give you an idea of what roles look like and what their basic functions may be and how the game might go.

• Townie: No Night Role, must use logic to find the wolves by what they say during the Day.
  • Mafia: Chooses to kill one person every game night. Goal is to eliminate the town one by one.
  • Neighbor: No Night Role. May speak, at times defined by the Moderator, with another specified member of the village outside the game thread (i.e. gossiping as neighbors)
  • Doctor: Night Role. May visit one person each night and try to save one member of the village from attacks during the Night. If they were attacked, the doctor will heal them up.
  • Seer: Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their alignment (Town or Mafia or Other).
  • Detective: Night Role. May investigate one member of the village to learn their Role Card/Abilities.
  • Tracker: Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see what they do that night.
  • Watcher: Night Role. May follow one member of the village to see what others do to them.
  • Role Blocker: Night Role. May stop member of the village from using their role at night.
  • Godfather: Passive. Investigations of their Alignment return as "Town," but they are one of the Mafia.
9.] Clarification of Rules, Roles, etc.
If there's some clarification on the rules that you'd like from me, you may ask in the main game thread. Questions that would alter the game play if answered will not be answered, such as "does this role exist in this game". If you need clarification on a role or anything that might identify you in any regard, it would benefit the player to contact me via Private Messaging.

Post below if you wanna sign up, or if I was unclear about the rules. I'll pm everyone their roles when we start. Signups end May 18th (might change that date). Thanks!

EDIT: Cancelled due to lack of people :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Samster
Saved for later

Lets get this started.

Reactions: Marc
I'm game!

Reactions: Duffy and Marc
This sounds like great fun! Count me in!

Reactions: Duffy and Marc
Back