No Game No Life

• Thread starter InjusticeBoy
  • Start date
InjusticeBoy

InjusticeBoy

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
image.jpg

*Sigh* The new most overrated anime of the year No Game No Life. A series that involves 2 NEETs Sora and Shiro aka [ ] blank. These 2 are unbeatable in any game. One day they play a chess game against a god named Tet. This god sends our 2 characters to another world. Where Everything is sold via games. So our two heroes are determined to find Tet and battle him in a game. But to do that they must earn the right to do it. How to earn the right? One of the thirteen races must own the territory of all the races. Now Sora and Shiro are with the "weakest" race the Imanity. So our two characters compete to become kings of Elkia, the territory of Imanity. It was pretty obvious that they were gonna win because the two are unbeatable. So the objective of the series is for our two characters to dominate the other races so they can battle the god Tet.
Unfortunately, the series is incomplete so they are telling us to go and find the light novel and buy it. No I won't buy it. Besides I don't get why can people give a 10/10 even if the story is incomplete. This is just to increase their sales of the novel and then release another season when the sales aren't growing. That is what most animes are doing. They appear like a really great series then have a crappy ending.

Then the characters......My main reason to think that this series is overrated. I don't see any development. I mean in one episode we do see Shiro get some development but throughout the entire series its just Sora. Sora is the only like able character here. It might be cheating but its true. Sora is the one showing off most of the time and the one planning the strategies. And the others? Nothing. Shiro also helps but for support as the two siblings become weak if separated or reminded of their hometown. Shiro just follows the flow of Sora when he gets like the "King of Harem". Steph might be a huge controversial character. At some moments she seemed intelligent but the series toys around with her for the fan service. Its annoying.

But I can understand why people LOVE no game no life. Its an enjoyable series. The main purpose is to see how Sora and Shiro win the games. To enjoy the games and how they win them. But thats no excuse to say that the series is an amazing series. Its characters lack a bit more personalities or variation. The soundtrack could've been better. The art style is suppose to be bright because its main purpose is games and I've seen that art style multiple times in anime. Conclusion: See if you want to you might like it a lot. But there are better anime out there.

I'm going to be watching this tomorrow and the lack of development for the characters sounds pretty good to me. Sometimes a anime can be ruined by over doing it on that.

Well its not the lack of development its more that the characters most of the time keep using the same personalities throughout the entire series and thats boring.

I don't know. I quite liked the entire series as it is different from my usual anime such as Code Geass, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kill la Kill. The fact it's games that settle disputes and ever other matter made it quite enjoyable.

Jeez, it's a anime that clearly was planned with a sequel in mind. It's going to take time to develop character, hell it was originally a light novel for pete's sake, you can't cram char development into a season.
P.s do you just hate anime or something? First Nisekoi now this?
P.S.S Jkjk

Lol no I friggin' love anime. But that's what most anime are doing. Releasing an incomplete anime so people can go and buy the light novel or the original content so it can get sells. Then if the sales are good, a second season is released. Also the "cramming the character development". C'mon Anohana had 11 episodes and it had much development than NGNL. But I don't mind development unless the characters are likeable and don't repeat the same personalities most of the time.

Lol no I friggin' love anime. But that's what most anime are doing. Releasing an incomplete anime so people can go and buy the light novel or the original content so it can get sells. Then if the sales are good, a second season is released. Also the "cramming the character development". C'mon Anohana had 11 episodes and it had much development than NGNL. But I don't mind development unless the characters are likeable and don't repeat the same personalities most of the time.
Because Anohana was a tv only, like [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, which were both on Noitamina, therefore they can tell a whole story. It's just the way that anime works, you have to give some respect to the original author for him to finish up telling the story.

Well its not the lack of development its more that the characters most of the time keep using the same personalities throughout the entire series and thats boring.

Well the main guy seems to have a personality of Kira from death note and I know people will love that to never change.

Saw the first episode and this series has promise, though I wish they didn't give it such a heavy red coloring.

Reactions: jandkas
Well I can't argue anymore but even if I say its overrated that doesn't mean I hate it. I liked the series. I just believe the hype it gets is not necessary. And I would recommended unless you don't like incomplete anime.

Can't say I agree with No Game, No Life being overrated. Its underrated if anything. The anime is popular in Japan, but still pretty much unknown in the west. I didn't plan to get it myself, but I got it for a friend, and eventually tried it out when I had nothing else to do. Loved every second of it and its a shame to think that I almost missed out on it.

I also don't see what's wrong with Sora getting most of the screen-time, since he is the main character pretty much. Yes, blank is a team of two, and yes both Sora and Shiro are the protagonists of the story, but Sora is still THE main character. So I don't get why the show focusing on him is a bad thing. Same for their personalities.

Their personalities is what makes this anime stand out from others where the characters travel to a different reality and save the world. I was interested by the fact that they clearly had an outstanding intelligence. But what hooked me was the fact that despite being able to do pretty much anything they wanted, they have HUGE social flaws, and simply being separated by a door causes them to have a mental breakdown. I don't see why they'd need to change this. Its the main selling point of the anime.

Reactions: Neofang64 and jandkas
Can't say I agree with No Game, No Life being overrated. Its underrated if anything. The anime is popular in Japan, but still pretty much unknown in the west. I didn't plan to get it myself, but I got it for a friend, and eventually tried it out when I had nothing else to do. Loved every second of it and its a shame to think that I almost missed out on it.

I also don't see what's wrong with Sora getting most of the screen-time, since he is the main character pretty much. Yes, blank is a team of two, and yes both Sora and Shiro are the protagonists of the story, but Sora is still THE main character. So I don't get why the show focusing on him is a bad thing. Same for their personalities.

Their personalities is what makes this anime stand out from others where the characters travel to a different reality and save the world. I was interested by the fact that they clearly had an outstanding intelligence. But what hooked me was the fact that despite being able to do pretty much anything they wanted, they have HUGE social flaws, and simply being separated by a door causes them to have a mental breakdown. I don't see why they'd need to change this. Its the main selling point of the anime.

I completely agree, those two seem like gods but have a pretty huge weakness which I feel will be exploited sooner or later.

Reactions: Neofang64
Back