Non-English Nintendo Games?

• Thread starter fantanoice
  • Start date
fantanoice

fantanoice

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Do you own any Nintendo games that are in a language other than English? Do you ever change the language in your game to something other than English? Why?

At the moment I have the following games in Japanese:
- Donkey Konga 3 (GC)
- Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations 2) (DS)

I've only played DK3 because there it doesn't rely on your reading ability to play. GK2, on the other hand, is extremely text heavy, but thankfully the fan translation is now out, so I'll probably dump my ROM and apply the patch at some point so I can actually play it (that, or learn Japanese).

I've also considered buying a Japanese N64 and a Japanese copy of Mario Party 3 because together they're less than half the price of the PAL version. I'm also assuming that's another game that doesn't really rely on you needing to read the text to be able to understand what's going on.

So yeah, how about you? Play/own any non-English games?

I have played a lot of them, but I have actually sold some of them, but here's a small list of the ones I play regularly:

-Itadaki Street DS (Heard of Fortune Street on the Wii ? It's the same thing, but on DS)
-Tomodachi Collection (Do I need to talk about it ? It's almost the same as Life)
-Densha De Go! Tokubetsu-Hen Fukkatsu Shouwa De Yamatesen (I think it's something like this, but, it's a very-well made train simulator by Square Enix. Really!)
-Yakuman DS (A Mahjong game (with traditional rules, not that stupid matching game :p) featuring Mario Characters)

(Heard of Fortune Street on the Wii ? It's the same thing, but on DS)
Boom Street m8, Boom Street.

How does Tomodachi Collection compare to the 3DS game?

Boom Street m8, Boom Street.

How does Tomodachi Collection compare to the 3DS game?

It's not Fortune Street ? I have seen that name for the game on many websites, so...
As for Tomodachi Collection, there are many features that the 3DS version has (by judging with the game's appearance, I don't have the 3DS one) but in this one, your Miis can't have children, there's not a second island, but there's rankings (most of them being weird), and there's also predilection things (require birth date) that predict a Mii's future job or a compatibility tester.

It's quite fun.

I don't own any non-English 3DS games. Curse you region-locking.

I have the DemiKids Japanese GBA games though :D

Also, I changed the voice language in Resident Evil: Revelations to Japanese for a few months, a long time ago.

I don't own any non-English 3DS games. Curse you region-locking.
I have the DemiKids Japanese GBA games though :D
Also, I changed the voice language in Resident Evil: Revelations to Japanese for a few months, a long time ago.

What's DemiKids ? I have heard of it, but not about what it is about...
Also, I know why you changed the voices to Japanese. In most of the games they are good. (However, special mention to Sonic Adventure DX where they are hilarious xD)

What's DemiKids ? I have heard of it, but not about what it is about...
Also, I know why you changed the voices to Japanese. In most of the games they are good. (However, special mention to Sonic Adventure DX where they are hilarious xD)
It's a series within the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, it's very underappreciated but it's of sentimental value to me.

The Japanese voices in Revelations aren't all that good :bag:, I changed the voices simply out of curiosity. Chris's Japanese voice is too deep and annoying :p

It's a series within the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, it's very underappreciated but it's of sentimental value to me.

The Japanese voices in Revelations aren't all that good :bag:, I changed the voices simply out of curiosity. Chris's Japanese voice is too deep and annoying :p

At least it's not like some of the games I have played where the Japanese voices are an actual massacre and dishonour to the series ( don't remember the name, though )

Back