Ability: Vital Spirit

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Modest Nature

- Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Flame Charge

i seem to not be able to counter sligoo setting up (even omastar doesn't work)

yeah i just didn't want to give my team away
Dwayne (Regirock) @ Leftovers

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 250 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Thunder Wave

- Thunder Punch

Bullseye (Tauros) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Rock Climb

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast

- Zen Headbutt

Kraken (Omastar) (F) @ White Herb

Ability: Weak Armor

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Shell Smash

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power [Grass]

Simian Flu (Muk) (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Poison Touch

EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Gunk Shot

- Shadow Sneak

- Focus Punch

- Ice Punch

Ol Reliable (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpD / 20 Spe

Calm Nature

- Psychic

- Thunder Wave

- U-turn

- Healing Wish

Swagmotar (Magmortar) (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Vital Spirit

EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Modest Nature

- Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Flame Charge

i seem to not be able to counter sligoo setting up (even omastar doesn't work)
What I get from this is that you're going hyper offense + supporter? (Regirock could be seen as a physical or mixed wall but the set you're using is offensive, you should have Stealth Rock instead of Thunder Punch, it doesn't like staying in on Water-types anyways).

Individually, each Pokémon in your team is good, but you're overlooking that you have 2 very common weaknesses in Ground an Fighting. While Mesprit does deal with that, you shouldn't allow a single Pokémon to be your main switch in to such moves, that'd make your plays predictable and easily punishable.

If you're having trouble with Sliggoo, particularly the Curse set, you should find a spot for a Fairy-type or a phazing move to deal with it. Knock Off, Switcheroo and Trick are also very solid options, without its Eviolite it becomes much less tankier.

Personally, I'd suggest replacing Tauros. Mawile can do what Tauros does, with the added bonus of having better coverage with Iron Head, Play Rough, the Elemental Punches, among other moves. It also has priority with Sucker Punch, something that your team is lacking. Another thing to keep in mind is that it has access to Stealth Rock as well, and it can effectively run Rocks + 3 attacks. I does add another Ground weakness though.

I think you'd have to make at least one more replacement, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to replace Omastar. Something that is hit neutrally or resists Ground would be your best interest, so keep that in mind.

thanks, r u sure i shouldnt get rid of muk instead of tauros? tauros kills a lot while muk doesn't do a lot (besides having a priority move to avoid sweepers)

thanks, r u sure i shouldnt get rid of muk instead of tauros? tauros kills a lot while muk doesn't do a lot (besides having a priority move to avoid sweepers)
You could replace Muk instead, but you'd be getting rid of a Figting resistance, which you need for the likes of Sawk and Hitmonchan. You'd also lose your most solid answer to Mega Audino. You can do that substitution if you want, but make sure you're able to beat the Pokémon I've mentioned. Magmortar can deal with Audino if it hasn't set up any Calm Minds and Masprit cab cripple and beat Sawk 1v1 if it isn't locked into Knock Off. Hitmonchan isn that much of a thread, I'll just say, watch out for Bulk Up Sp. Def sets, they can be rather annoying.

Last edited:
Y

ou could replace Muk instead, but you'd be getting rid of a Figting resistance, which you need for the likes of Sawk and Hitmonchan. You'd also lose your most solid answer to Mega Audino. You can do that substitution if you want, but make sure you're able to beat the Pokémon I've mentioned. Magmortar can deal with Audino if it hasn't set up any Calm Minds and Masprit cab cripple and beat Sawk 1v1 if it isn't locked into Knock Off. Hitmonchan isn that much of a thread, I'll just say, watch out for Bulk Up Sp. Def sets, they can be rather annoying.

But Swak is banned from NU iirc

I would swap out Regirock for Regice, the special defense is great. No hate to regirock though. He is an amazing wall. I would also recommend Weezing instead of muk. Not even a pure power medicham using zen headbutt can take it down. Only Psycho cut with still only a 37% chance.

I would swap out Regirock for Regice, the special defense is great. No hate to regirock though. He is an amazing wall. I would also recommend Weezing instead of muk. Not even a pure power medicham using zen headbutt can take it down. Only Psycho cut with still only a 37% chance.

Why Regice tho? they accomplish completely different roles, the same for Weezing, you are replacing a Choice Band attacker for a Defensive Pokémon, also, Medicham is RU, not NU

Why Regice tho? they accomplish completely different roles, the same for Weezing, you are replacing a Choice Band attacker for a Defensive Pokémon, also, Medicham is RU, not NU
I know medicham is :p I wasn't recommending it for his team :p

He needs a bit more defense on his team, I'd also suggest finding a different replacement for mespirt. But it's just imo.

But Swak is banned from NU iirc
Oh sorry, I don't keep up with tier changes and whatnot, I also rarely use Showdown for battling, the last time I did some serious laddering was back when Scarf Sawk was everywhere :p I also just noticed the myriad of typos in my original post, so embarrassing /).(\ Touchscreen is the bane of my existence. If anything, what do you think he could change in the team? I'd love to hear your opinion as well since you're up to date to what's being used :)

Reactions: Zukrad
... How I'm supossed to know... like:

Is my team good? It has 6 Pokémon, and they all have types and moves

Need more info ;)

Lol, that^ just made my day.

I was going to comment, but there's nothing I currently can say that hasn't already been said, as NU isn't my playground of choice, so forgive me, but I think I'll sit this out for now.

Back