Ocarina of time - Master quest (GC)

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
a twist on the legendary game known as Ocarina of time. The dungeons have changed considerably and the item locations too. Been a while since I've played it, but it's more difficult than the original.

It was all right, but I would have preferred if they actually increased the difficulty of the enemies instead of just switching things around. They just made things different rather than trying to make the game more challenging, which I always thought it really needed.

I'm enjoying the Master Quest so far, and it is pretty difficult for me. I haven't ever been a creative problem solver, so my main problem is figuring out what to do next. Sometimes it takes me ages just to figure out a relatively simple thing that I need to do in order to advance through the dungeon. The enemies could be harder although I would rather see more of them instead.

I have played a few minutes of it, and it looked difficult. And say that's what Zelda:OoT was supposed to be originally (Yes, it was supposed to be the OoT everybody knows). If I get the chance, I'll try to find a GC disk for this game (my Zelda Collector Disk have the original OoT, and not Master Quest).

I don't have it for GC but I do for 3DS and believe me it is fun ;P Some of the things are really weird though *cough* the cows hanging from the walls of king jabu jabu *cough* but over all i've liked it so far, i'm kinda glad they didn't make the bosses harder or anything, just changed things around and made the simple problems more complicated, I'd give it a 9/10 for classic nintendo :")

I though that the Master Quest was an interesting addition to the Zelda series, as it was really among the first of the remakes that the Zelda series is known for now. While it didn't make the game much more challenging, it did give returning players something to do instead of just beating the normal game again.

It's on the 3ds too, which you unlock after beating the main quest...
But the whole game is flipped like what they did with Twilight Princess for the wii

Rip me never beaten oot on my 3ds :cry:

I haven't played the original OOT or the Master Quest Disk, but I have OOT 3D and yea it's pretty good. Since you play the game normally you know where everything is, but in Master Quest everything is flipped and sometimes it's confusing. But anyways it's still good.

Yeah, i got stuck on the fire temple...

Although weirdly, i found the MQ forest temple easier than the original forest temple...

It was an okay addition. Not great and definitely not something to buy on its own, but good for an extra run or something. It's better in the 3D version since it's fairly enhanced due to world mirroring and double damage; and adds value to the game, since it comes with it and all.

Back