Ocarina of Time Secrets

• Thread starter Robyn
  • Start date
Robyn

Robyn

The Ace Inquisitor
Towns Folk
Hello my friends! Have you ever "rushed" through this Zelda game and on your 2nd play-through (more like 234,839th, let's be honest) you have stumbled upon a fascinating find or secret that sparked interest? Perhaps some secret rupees or dialogue? Here is my list of my personal findings throughout this marvelous game! I will only do a few so the community can share their findings too! :D
*Perhaps we shall do this in the format: (Location, Adult/Child)

Kokiri Forest, Child
In the earthly home of our Hero lies some sweet little surprises!

1.) Secret Rupees behind the counter!
Inside the shop, go to the far right and towards the back. Inside, you will find a blue rupee!

2.) Money Jumping!
If you jump across the small stones by the waterfall, you will receive a blue rupee! You can also do it the other way for another!

Hyrule Field, Child
In this barren yet beautiful landscape of our childhood memories you will find something quite nice.

3.) Invisible Rupees above the moat!
During the day, or as it turns night, the drawbridge will be down. Go to the rails that lifts and lowers the bridge and walk along up them to the top. Do a side jump (or normal jump) and you will be gifted a red rupee! This rupee resets every time you reload the area. Doing this at night will give you even more rupees!

Castle, Child

In this "strong" fortified castle, our Hero meets the Princess and Mari-... what?

4.) Shh, tip the Guard!
You can pay the Guard by the first gate ten rupees and he will open the gate for you!

5.) Mario and Friends!
When you stealthily glide pass all the guards and enter the courtyard, have a look to your right to see portraits of Mario and other characters.

6.) Bomb the garden!
If you slingshot the left window, a guard will pop out! Don't worry, he's not going to do his job and kick you out even though you are right next to the Princess. Instead, he is going to chuck an explosive at you!

Castle Town, Child
In this lovely town, some things should be left a mystery.

7.) Majora's Masks?
Three masks in this game aren't just for aesthetics! The Mask of Truth lets you read Gossip Stones, the Bunny Hood causes the Stalchildren to not spawn at night, and the Skull Mask causes Keese to not attack you!

Other Tidbits!

Big Enemies!
At night in Hyrule Field, kill off a few waves of Stalchilds, and a big one will come. Destroy a few more waves and a really massive one will appear. Giant Leevers come out at night outside the Spirit Temple if you have killed enough younger ones. Your reward is a giant rupee. In Lake Hylia, you can pick off Guays from a distance. If you are really good, a huge one comes that’ll take a few shots to bring down.

Growing Fairies!
To get fairies easily, go to a beansprout as a child and play the Song of Storms. It will release 3 fairies.

Bowser Broach!
If you look around Malon’s neck, then you’ll see a broach in the image of Bowser.

Butterfly's Secret!
If you touch one with a Deku Stick, it will change into a fairy.

Reactions: Leej07, Samster, Shiny and 3 others
Lake Hylia Fishing Hole, Adult

If you travel to the fishing hole at Lake Hylia as an adult, you can steal the fisherman's hat and toss it in the water. You'll be met with some interesting dialogue and a 50 rupee fine.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Lake Hylia Fishing Hole, Adult

If you travel to the fishing hole at Lake Hylia as an adult, you can steal the fisherman's hat and toss it in the water. You'll be met with some interesting dialogue and a 50 rupee fine.

He also remains like that for the rest of the game

I didn't know about some of those cool things. Very interesting! I'll have to go back to game so I can see them for myself! I think everyone has done the rupee one in Kokiri forest to buy the shield. its waaaay overpriced in my opinion.

I definitely did not know about that fishing one. So interesting!

So many cool ways to get fairy’s... makes me wonder if there actually is a secret way to make the arwing in the code appear normally.

I know right? Makes you think that maybe there re still some undiscoversd secrets still waiting to be discovered in the game.

Okay, I honestly knew every single one of these, except for the butterfly one. In fact, it sounds so crazy, I may have to pull out my copy of OoT to see it it’s actually legit or not, lol

Really awesome list you’ve got here! I wish I could contribute, but all the ones I know have already been posted :'P

Back