Splatoon 2 Octo expansion now available!

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
i think they revealed this during the treehouse yesterday. I kinda thought they would do this, as it didn’t make sense it was still summer in the direct.

I'm not getting it.

I mean, I haven't touched the Splatoon 2 single player yet so I doubt I'll play the DLC. The only real reason I'd want it is to play as an Octoling during online multiplayer gameplay sessions, but it isn't worth paying 20 bucks just for that to me.

@TribstyAnn said it's awesome though.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I might end up picking this up at some point. I've played the singleplayer more then multiplayer (mostly due to me playing the game offline) and have been quite enjoying it. I've watched videos of the singleplayer as well and speedruns and such of it.

So yeah, I'd be all up for having lots of new singleplayer things, it's just a LOT of money it costs...

Ive heard the levels are pretty good, but the main reason i want it is the lore that is most likely there, at least I think thats what Nintendo was going for in the reveal trailer. Octolings being playable is a nice touch and gives you something to keep after doing everything the single player offers.

Reactions: Mikaya and 28142
I want to get the DLC because I saw a train in the trailer and I want to drive it.

It'll be cool, maybe I can even drive to Inkopolis Plaza and play some battles there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you enjoy splatoon at all GET IT! It is super good. A ton of effort, love, care, and creativity went into making this DLC. It was super fun, all the levels were unique, fun and creative, and the story was both touching and hilarious. Not to mention that there's tons of challenge to be had. It's not nearly as simple and easy as the single player was, so expect to get beaten quite a bit on certain stages. And, I won't spoil anything, but the are some awesome moments, and the ending was PHENOMENAL!!!

Some of my favorite levels were ones in which you had an infinite baller, or infinite inkjet. You couldn't use any normal weapons, and only were able to use that special weapon. There were many many many other fun levels. Not to mention you get to play as octolings, and lots of cool gear. There's even a super easy way to farm chunks, food and drink tickets, and money.

This DLC is more than worth the price!

Reactions: SS1o7crazydude and Mikaya
I got the DLC by adding a Nintendo eShop card to my funds on eShop, the expansion is actually pretty decent. I haven't completed it yet though. I don't think I'd be spoiling it for any of you if I'd say the main task is to complete levels and then eventually, unlock more train routes for you to ride which will further expand the Deep Sea Metro map. The objective is to get four "thangs". I've spent a good hour playing the DLC but haven't managed to get a "thang" yet though.

One of my favourite levels so far was the one where you had an infinite inkjet and you had to get to the end. There were enemies throughout the course, of course! And I had to be careful to always be above the platform otherwise I would've fallen off and lost a life.

Another favourite of mine was when I needed to get an 8-ball to the end by either pushing or splatting it.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I finished the Octo expansion! The final boss battle is fun!

You get to meet Agent 3!

Back