Mobile Oculus Quest!

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
OMG! A VR Standalone that has the same processers as the Samsung S8!!! Yes! The Oculus Quest is a huge step in VR technology, making VR as easy as putting it on and powering up, as this headset requires no cords! You can play it in any size rooms thanks to the amazing sensors onboard, and seems to be compatible with a whole lot of stuff!

Here is a list of confirmed games

Here is a bunch of info on it

Specs

More Information:

Apparently, we are probably going to see the Oculus Quest release date and pre-orders in F8 (Facebook's Convention) happening on April 30th. *Also my birthday... yaas!* Also turns out that there is an Oculus Quest Amazon leak (The leak seems to be still there) and a lot of people are very excited about this, as this shows a massive amount of information, even though the Oculus Quest has not even been released as a pre-order. If you need information or want to be notified about the release, you just click the leaked page to find out more. I will try to get an Oculus Quest as soon as possible, and be making posts about it to give you more information on it

Last edited:
It seems like a very interesting concept however I'm not completely sold on the idea of having protable VR. It seems that even full fledged VR headsets arent extremely realistic at this point and so a portable situation will probably not be very good at all.
The first gripe I have with it is the fact that it uses a fundamentally different tracking system.
The inside out sort of tracking system is vastly inferior to the system of having towers around the room as it is less able to track hands and other body parts is way less accurate.

The second gripe is ofcourse limited power. VR games require an insane amount of power and limiting this usually results in low framerates and horrific graphics. This further results in a bad experience thats only fun for those who have no real expectations of VR or those who do not have high standards for it. Now this would be fien however since somethign liek the Quest is cheap and self contained it will also probably ahve high sales and I worry that this new worse standard for VR could become the norm across the industry and we could see a system wide drop in quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like a very interesting concept however I'm not completely sold on the idea of having protable VR. It seems that even full fledged VR headsets arent extremely realistic at this point and so a portable situation will probably not be very good at all.
The first gripe I have with it is the fact that it uses a fundamentally different tracking system.
The inside out sort of tracking system is vastly inferior to the system of having towers around the room as it is less able to track hands and other body parts is way less accurate.

The second gripe is ofcourse limited power. VR games require an insane amount of power and limiting this usually results in low framerates and horrific graphics. This further results in a bad experience thats only fun for those who have no real expectations of VR or those who do not have high standards for it. Now this would be fien however since somethign liek the Quest is cheap and self contained it will also probably ahve high sales and I worry that this new worse standard for VR could become the norm across the industry and we could see a system wide drop in quality.

The fact is that we are actually going to see better quality, in fact the whole point of the Oculus Quest is to deliver a PC like experience on the go, and I believe that is going to be successful. I don't think that low quality is going to be the norm. I always thought that they were going to stop at 1080p, but they released 4K (but really is 2160p), so I don't think VR, nor technology are going to stop with just Quest graphics, they are going to go so far I believe

Just added new information on the Quest

Back