Odds of Hatching 6IV

• Thread starter Heart
  • Start date
Heart

Heart

Unstoppable
Towns Folk
First get a 5IV pokemon and another 5IV pokemon and breed them together! One obviously holding destiny knot and the other everstone if you want a nature.

Now let's see how this will work. We already know that destiny knot will always give one random IV, so we can add 1/31 to our equation.

Odds of hatching 6IV=(1/31)...

Secondly, for each stat there is a 5/6 chance of getting that IV passed down for the MOST PART. Each of the parent pokemon has a random IV in a random stat, so two stats total aren't going have a 5/6 chance of being passed down. So we can add 5/6 to our equation.

Odds of hatching 6IV=(1/31)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)...

Finally, for the last last two stats, there is only ONE 31 IV of these stats between the two parents. Meaning the chances of it being passed down are significantly lower. For these you have to assume one of these stats are chosen to be passed down, so begin with 5/6 chance, then there are two DIFFERENT choices between these two stats, which means there's a 1/2 chance. So we have to add (5/6)(1/2)(5/6)(1/2) to our equation, for the last two stats.

Odds of hatching 6IV=(1/31)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(1/2)(5/6)(1/2)

This is our final equation for finding the probability of hatching a 6IV Pokemon. Now to solve

Odds of hatching 6IV= (1/31)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(5/6)(1/2)(5/6)(1/2)
Odds of hatching 6IV= 15,625/5,785,344
Odds of hatching 6IV= 1/370.262016

The odds of hatching a 6IV are 1/370.

It is easier to catch a shiny pokemon on a max 40 chain while chain fishing.

Thank you for the information. I know that 6IV is good to have, but it is pointless because most Pokemon are either special or physical attack focused.

Thank you for the information. I know that 6IV is good to have, but it is pointless because most Pokemon are either special or physical attack focused.
Well you never know when you want a mixed attacker but the cost is not as much power over better coverage which might help in specific cases. Char Y and Abomasnow for example.

Reactions: 532
Also, if you were to breed a 5IV with a 6IV ditto, the odds of hatching a 6IV drop down by half.

1/185

And breeding two 6IV pokemon together the odds are 1/31. Again, assuming one of the pokemon is holding destiny knot.

The odds of hatching a shiny 6IV Pokemon, using a foreign 6IV Ditto would be:

(1/185)(1/1365)=

1/252,525 chance of hatching a shiny 6IV.

The odds of hatching a shiny 6IV Pokemon, using a foreign 6IV Ditto would be:

(1/185)(1/1365)=

1/252,525 chance of hatching a shiny 6IV.
Now what are the odds with the right ability/Nature? A heck of a lot harder. XD All jokes aside it seems like it would take forever. And this is even with the Shiny Charm on (I think. My head hurts).

Now what are the odds with the right ability/Nature? A heck of a lot harder. XD All jokes aside it seems like it would take forever. And this is even with the Shiny Charm on (I think. My head hurts).
One of the pokemon is holding an everstone to pass down the nature 100% of the time and for ability, it's not too big of a problem since ability capsule can change the ability if you do hatch one that has the wrong ability. Shiny charm doesn't count for hatching eggs apparently LOL

I reeeealy need to stop trying to breed 6IV Pokémon! O-O.

I reeeealy need to stop trying to breed 6IV Pokémon! O-O.
It's actually worth it when you get a 6IV Pokemon. If you are breeding a Dragonite, a 6IV one helps because it has a good special movepool, too.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I have a 5IV Treecko and a 5IV ditto that I might breed. If I get any 6IV/Shiny/Flawless, I'll post them here and maybe even on the Giveaway page :)

This information is great, but I really don't see the reason to hatch a 6IV Pokemon, unless the Pokemon your are hatching is going to run mixed. Such as Mineshao. That Pokemon can run pretty good as a mixed sweeper IMO. So I see a reason why to hatch a 6IV of that. But let's look at Conkelldurr. It has amazing Attack, but bad Sp. Attack, and yet I see people trying to hatch an Adamant 6IV Timburr when they are not running a mixed sweeper. It's insane lol. But yeah. I guess hatching a 6IV Pokemon is worth it if you are running as a mixed sweeper, but it isn't necessary to hatch a 6IV when you aren't. Just wanted to point that out to people who do this :) :D

I would love to hatch a 6IV Tyrogue because Hitmontop is a good mixed sweeper whereas hitmonchan and hitmonlee are both good physical sweepers. I want a 6IV Tyrogue for the Hitmontop.

It took me over a 100 eggs to get a 5 IV Gible (I'm thinking of selling a couple 4 IV ones if there is some interest) and I'd say it was worth it. It does take a lot of luck but you can help ease the odds. I only had a 3 IV ditto, but getting one with more would increase the odds of getting that elusive 6 IV Pokemon (I only have one perfect Pokemon and it's a Kyogre from Japan).

Managing to catch a 6IV ditto is amazing. That is one of the best Pokemon for breeding because it can pass on 5IV's randomly but it can make breeding strong 5IV Pokemon easier.

Back