Off-TV Play in Splatoon

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
As you're aware, Splatoon doesn't support Off-TV play, you need a TV to play the game. What are your thoughts on this? do you think Nintendo could enable this feature in a future update? it could be useful when other family members are watching the TV. >_>

Obviously, maps and such display on the screen, but I'm talking about actual gameplay. :p

I know that feel. I almost never have a chance to play Splatoon because my family members( mostly my dad watching a soccer game, even though I also like to watch soccer) use the family, and you strictly need the TV to see where you are going or aiming. Sure there is a map on the GamePad but it doesn't display where the enemies are unless you closely look at the map and see if an enemy teammate is inking their turf. Hopefully that update comes with Off TV support. We all need it.

Reactions: Killer B and Mikaya
I know that feel. I almost never have a chance to play Splatoon because my family members( mostly my dad watching a soccer game, even though I also like to watch soccer) use the family, and you strictly need the TV to see where you are going or aiming. Sure there is a map on the GamePad but it doesn't display where the enemies are unless you closely look at the map and see if an enemy teammate is inking their turf. Hopefully that update comes with Off TV support. We all need it.

Agreed.

The gamepad is mostly needed to jump on your allies and use your special powers.

But anyway, when looking at your gamepad to do that, you're not looking at your TV obviously, so it wouldn't be to hard to press a button to make the map appears on the gamepad and do that, it wouldn't change anything since anyway, with the gamepad, you were still not looking at gameplay with doing so.

I'd love to have that, really.

Back