Clefable @Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Toxic

I can see a huge weakness to Sand Drill and set up mons in general, and you need something to punch strong hits in Stall teams.

Some of the sets could be improved, also, you lack of a Stealth Rock user, and a spinner/deffoger, the latter is crucial in a team with a 4x times weak to rocks Bird, and the former is crucial in any singles team.

I may to test this team out, since it looks like a cool concept, and that would help me to see the weaknesses on battle

Talonflame @Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Spe.
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U Turn
-Flame Charge

There is not point on running Flame Charge on Talonflame, you already have good priority, the extra speed only would help you against other Talonflames

Talonflame
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Any of these two sets can work well

The Breloom set is ok, only move 4 Evs of HP to Def to take Stealth Rock damage better
Also, having 29HP IVs instead of 31 helps by giving you 1 extra turn of Life Orb

Azumarill
The moves are ok, but having Belly Drum + Superpower is kinda Unsynergysing (?), Changing Superpower to Knock Off helps
164 speed allows you to outspeed anything below uninvested 70 (Like Skarm, and Clef)

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Always run Timid in Zam, having 150 base max speed is the main reason to use Zam over any other Mega, since it allows you to outspeed mons like Mega Altaria after a dragon dance and such
Other than that, the set is ok.
Calm Mind is good too, I like to run Sub to win 50/50 against Bisharp, but Calm Mind is a good option too

I don't really get why using Mag in this team, your team doesn't needs to get rid of steel types that badly, like Diancie, Gardevoir and Altaria teams need. Im definetly changing Mag once I get the chance

Also, Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Flash Canon/HP Fire are the only moves that someone should run in Mag, no need to Tri Attack (never use Normal moves on non Normal mons, is not helpful in MOST cases, there are some good non normal mons that use Facade and Return being Breloom in singles and Azu in doubles respectively) or Signal Beam
Even with Choice Scarf, you should run max speed in Magnezone, is not a fast mon at all

Clefable is not doing a lot good to your team, It doesn't hit really hard, and the set is kinda wierd
(No Recovery Clef, "Offensive" with Toxic and Calm nature)
Clef can work in really offensive teams acting as a sponge, but this set doesn't really work out

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind)
This could be a replacement temporally, but I'm possibly changin the set

That's it, I want to start testing out the team tomorrow, so I will post again to update my improvements once I can
see ya

I can see a huge weakness to Sand Drill and set up mons in general, and you need something to punch strong hits in Stall teams.

Some of the sets could be improved, also, you lack of a Stealth Rock user, and a spinner/deffoger, the latter is crucial in a team with a 4x times weak to rocks Bird, and the former is crucial in any singles team.

I may to test this team out, since it looks like a cool concept, and that would help me to see the weaknesses on battle

Talonflame @Sharp Beak
Adamant Nature
240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Spe.
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U Turn
-Flame Charge

There is not point on running Flame Charge on Talonflame, you already have good priority, the extra speed only would help you against other Talonflames

Talonflame
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Any of these two sets can work well

The Breloom set is ok, only move 4 Evs of HP to Def to take Stealth Rock damage better
Also, having 29HP IVs instead of 31 helps by giving you 1 extra turn of Life Orb

Azumarill
The moves are ok, but having Belly Drum + Superpower is kinda Unsynergysing (?), Changing Superpower to Knock Off helps
164 speed allows you to outspeed anything below uninvested 70 (Like Skarm, and Clef)

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Always run Timid in Zam, having 150 base max speed is the main reason to use Zam over any other Mega, since it allows you to outspeed mons like Mega Altaria after a dragon dance and such
Other than that, the set is ok.
Calm Mind is good too, I like to run Sub to win 50/50 against Bisharp, but Calm Mind is a good option too

I don't really get why using Mag in this team, your team doesn't needs to get rid of steel types that badly, like Diancie, Gardevoir and Altaria teams need. Im definetly changing Mag once I get the chance

Also, Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Flash Canon/HP Fire are the only moves that someone should run in Mag, no need to Tri Attack (never use Normal moves on non Normal mons, is not helpful in MOST cases, there are some good non normal mons that use Facade and Return being Breloom in singles and Azu in doubles respectively) or Signal Beam
Even with Choice Scarf, you should run max speed in Magnezone, is not a fast mon at all

Clefable is not doing a lot good to your team, It doesn't hit really hard, and the set is kinda wierd
(No Recovery Clef, "Offensive" with Toxic and Calm nature)
Clef can work in really offensive teams acting as a sponge, but this set doesn't really work out

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind)
This could be a replacement temporally, but I'm possibly changin the set

That's it, I want to start testing out the team tomorrow, so I will post again to update my improvements once I can
see ya
I wrote it in one sitdown thinking that a full offensive team could pry through mostly everything, and there may be some adjustments I'll have to make. Considering to use a Lando-T or Raikou in place of Magnezone.

And I'll take your changes in account too, that's why I'm sharing the team idea afterall =p

Reactions: Zukrad
Changes

talonflame.png

• Current Set -> Stallbreaker set
In this team, you needed a way to defeat Stall teams efficiently, changing Talonflame set to a SB one helps with this problem

breloom.png

• Rock Tomb -> Swords Dance
This set works really well in this team, it hits Water types and other mons that are problematic for the rest of the memebers of the team

azumarill.png
->
manaphy.png

• Belly Drum Azu -> Wallbreaker Manaphy
Manaphy synergizes with Alakazam, Zam destroys fast frail teams, while Manaphy destroys slower bulky teams

alakazam-mega.png

• Calm Mind -> Substitute
Alakazam is more of a cleaner rather than a set up sweeper, you will find more useful to run Sub over CM most of the times

magnezone.png
->
excadrill.png

• Magnezone -> Sand Rush Excadrill
It gives you a Spinner and a late game Sweeper, you can also run Jolly Baloon to have a better matchup against other Excadrill and ground types

clefable.png
->
tyranitar.png

• Clefable -> Support Tyranitar
The combination of T-Tar + Excadrill synegizes really well with the rest of the team, taking care of the things that the team has troouble with

Talonflame
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tail Glow

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

breloom.png

• Rock Tomb -> Swords Dance
This set works really well in this team, it hits Water types and other mons that are problematic for the rest of the memebers of the team
I mostly use Rock Tomb as a check for Flying types, but I guess having Spore + Swords Dance is also a fair combo. Makes the Technician + Life Orb set more efficient.

Other than that I think the other changes are relevant

I mostly use Rock Tomb as a check for Flying types, but I guess having Spore + Swords Dance is also a fair combo. Makes the Technician + Life Orb set more efficient.

Other than that I think the other changes are relevant

Is good to use Rock Tomb in Sash Loom, since it can take a hit a kill the bird back, in LO tho, SD, Superpower and Focus Punchare better options.

Against Talo you have Exca, T-Tar and Manaphy to check them, and your own Talon (wiht a little more speed to outspeed other SB Talons), so there is no need to use Rock Tomb in this team

Back