Old Pokemon Games (GBA, GB) or New ones (DS, 3DS)

• Thread starter Vantero
  • Start date

Old Pokemon Games or New ones?

• Old( Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • New (Black, Black 2, White White 2, X, Y, etc)

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Vantero

Vantero

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Which ones do you like better?

Well, I haven't played Pokemon X/Y as yet and to be honest, Pokemon Black/White (2) was a great game, but it didn't interest me to an extent of loving the new generation, I picked the old generation because Pokemon Gold/Silver and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are entitled in that area, I love Pokemon's 3rd gen a lot, so that's my pick, I had so many good memories of playing Pokemon on the GB/GBA.

Y
Well, I haven't played Pokemon X/Y as yet and to be honest, Pokemon Black/White (2) was a great game, but it didn't interest me to an extent of loving the new generation, I picked the old generation because Pokemon Gold/Silver and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are entitled in that area, I love Pokemon's 3rd gen a lot, so that's my pick, I had so many good memories of playing Pokemon on the GB/GBA.
Yeah, I agree. So many memories... :) i do like that you can trade using wifi on the new ones though. you dont have to plug in a stupid cable

the good thing about the pokémon serie is that every new game add something new while at the same time concerving the good things about the old ones ... so I will always choose the new generations and for the older game freak will not forget to make reamakes ;)

Yeah, I agree. So many memories... :) i do like that you can trade using wifi on the new ones though. you dont have to plug in a stupid cable
Yes, I never used the cable to trade, but I must say the DS/3DS Pokemon titles have grown through the generations and they can only get better, I just have a huge weak spot for the 3rd gen (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald).

Both are good imo The old ones are good for nostalgia and Hoenn is a great region, but the newer regions look better and some of the pokemon designs are great

The Pokemon X and Y are good if you are playing for the first time, the new regions have more to tell to the world, Unova and Kalos are two of them, but the old pokemon designs are more interesting.

Well , all of the games are good , the newer versions are much more detailed graphics in the game but the older version is just somehow much more cooler even though it's old...

Well , all of the games are good , the newer versions are much more detailed graphics in the game but the older version is just somehow much more cooler even though it's old...
yeah, there are some interesting differences throughout the series as they try new innovative concepts and such. For example, the whole interaction of opposites theme in Gen V...

I will most likely stay with the 1 & 2 Gens. Why ? It was on the Gameboy, I loved having big pixels on screen (memories...), and there wasn't so much Pokemons to get to complete the Pokedex (250 vs I think 600 now).

But that's true that each gen have their pros and their cons. And the 6th Gen looks interesting, since it also gives a new "twist" in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen.

I will most likely stay with the 1 & 2 Gens. Why ? It was on the Gameboy, I loved having big pixels on screen (memories...), and there wasn't so much Pokemons to get to complete the Pokedex (250 vs I think 600 now).

But that's true that each gen have their pros and their cons. And the 6th Gen looks interesting, since it also gives a new "twist" in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen.
Yeah, 6th gen was a really cool twist on the franchise. I mean, I love the pixel art and all but I like that the pokemon all got models that make them look like how they would in the anime

Which ones do you like better?
Pokemon Moon is the only pokemon game I've seen someone play with my own eyes, so I guess it has to go to Pokemon Sun and Moon. I also heard it's the pokemon generation with the most Pokemon ever! W

Tbh my opinions split between the two because both Emerald and Black are my favourite games haha

The DS/3DS had a lot of quality of life improvements when it comes to various mechanics. I like the GB/C/A but I grew up playing Blue and Diamond and even though Blue is faster the RNG still hasn't been discovered to the point of getting perfect Pokemon with "X start screen manips" and I never found strategy as advanced as in later games. Add the move physical/special split and Synchronize from basically the start of Diamond, EV yields for HP/Atk/Def/Speed in the second route, and HGSS just exists to make GSC almost irrelevant. Also internet makes completing the dex easier.

In my opinion, the DS games were the best in terms of quality and extra features (especially platinum/hgss), and second/third generation had the best regions. Pokémon designs peaked in generation 4 and battle peaked in gen 5/6. Each game has had its pros and cons, so people who like to play them as an adventure game may like older generations more, while people who like the battling/strategic aspect of Pokémon may like the newer ones more (just as an example, imo battle after gen 6 is not good, and they're just looking to add a new gimmick instead of polishing battle mechanics and buffing/nerfing Pokémon). My favourites are generations 2-4 because I grew up playing them, and I like the regions and Pokémon designs. Newer games seem too easy, I think Platinum was the best in terms of difficulty.

By the way, this thread is old :eyes:

This is a tough one for me.... i really love both the new and old gens i think they both have something great about them. the nostalgia is always something great about the old games. nostalgia is really the only thing that holds people back for the old ones, i think the new ones have had lots of really good things but also lots of bad things which just makes people like the old ones better for the memories but i think they both have their amazing features.

Back