Support Needed Old Red 3DS

• Thread starter Kalomaze
  • Start date
Kalomaze

Kalomaze

somebody
Towns Folk
Well, I have an old red 3ds, which has a cracked screen and a broken R button. What really makes me angry rather than the screen crack, is the fact that one of the buttons used in smash bros for shielding is broken completley. I want to know if the R button needs to be cleaned or something, and It has been broken, for a year. It's like cloudation's 3ds r button as well, and I can't take me losing in alot of matches without any proper defense ways. Please, help me if possible!

Reactions: Tyle
I don't know about the r button. That is a common problem on the psp thought. Try cleaning it, with some
cotton swab soaked in alcohol, see if that works. I don't think that the screen has anything to do with it, but i am sure it would be pretty expensive to change it. Happened to my lil brother once:(

Chances are your R button might have gotten jammed, so it might have just full out just stopped functioning properly. Fixing it, I don't think you can. Cleaning it won't do you any good so don't waste your time trying to clean it. Have you tried contacting Nintendo about it? They might be able to give you some information regarding how to repair the R button.

Well, I have an old red 3ds, which has a cracked screen and a broken R button. What really makes me angry rather than the screen crack, is the fact that one of the buttons used in smash bros for shielding is broken completley. I want to know if the R button needs to be cleaned or something, and It has been broken, for a year. It's like cloudation's 3ds r button as well, and I can't take me losing in alot of matches without any proper defense ways. Please, help me if possible!

My conclusion is that you were pressing it to aggresively. If so, you probably broke the part that the R button presses. If you are still able to press down the R button, and its loose, I bet thats what happened. But if you cant even press it down, the yes, there is something inside the device preventing it from doing its job...both of which would be a little expensive to repair. I dont know how to go about fixing the "aggressive tapping" thing, but if there is something in there, do what @Tyle said to do. Soak a cotton swab in a little bit of alcohol, and clean it off. But if there is something preventing the R button from moving deep inside the device, then I dont know how to help you. Im really sorry about this D:

Reactions: Tyle
My conclusion is that you were pressing it to aggresively. If so, you probably broke the part that the R button presses. If you are still able to press down the R button, and its loose, I bet thats what happened. But if you cant even press it down, the yes, there is something inside the device preventing it from doing its job...both of which would be a little expensive to repair. I dont know how to go about fixing the "aggressive tapping" thing, but if there is something in there, do what @Tyle said to do. Soak a cotton swab in a little bit of alcohol, and clean it off. But if there is something preventing the R button from moving deep inside the device, then I dont know how to help you. Im really sorry about this D:
I can push down the button, and it is loose I will try what tyle said

Or, if you want a quick temp fix or need to see if it's flat out broken, blow into the r button. My old midnight purple 3ds needs a good hard blow into its r button occasionally to work at its best.

Well i see you cannot do anything about your 3ds cracked screen but you u can repair your 3ds button r button just what you need is a brush which can remove all the dust and dirt from r button it might happened because dirt must have got settle down on your red 3ds, hope I helped you! :)

You can try the following:-

1. Clean it with a cotton cloth to remove dust etc.
2. Blow into the R button hard, it might eventually get fixed!
3. If it doesn't help then, you could probably got it replaced or you can also buy a circle pad pro.

Hope that helped ya out! ;)

Back