Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
46691-game-boy-3ds.png
nintendo-3ds-nes-edition-615.jpg
gba-sp-nes-classic.jpg
Gameboy-Advance-SP-Famicom-Color.jpg
0719_gb_micro_famicom_box_04.jpg
th
Now with the picture collages above are real (okay the top 2 aren't) Nintendo systems sold and have the same colors as their original ancestors (the NES and Famicom ). Sure they were sold during anniversaries (and the Game Boy deserves a skin) but other than that do you think Nintendo will make future systems with the same color scheme as their older counterparts and if so of what system? And would you ever get one (if you don't have one already)?

I think they look great and there should be a Virtual Boy colored system. That or an SNES one because that system is due for one sometime in the future and it has a neat color scheme too (before you had a decision of colors from the GBC/N64 and beyond). And since the Game Boy doesn't have one yet it deserves one as a promotional item sometime.

Wow, these skins look surprisingly good. I would surely buy the Gameboy skin for the 3DS, if it came out.
You can add a lot of detail to your system that way.
Disguise your new handheld as an old-school Gameboy and fool your friends!

Okay, okay. I have only one thing to say.
"Shut up, and take my money" :D.
They look awesome, especially the 3DS that looks like a NES controller.

PS: I also heard that there's an accessory that was released for the GBA:SP that allows you to play Famicom games on it, actually. Coincidence :p ?

Okay, okay. I have only one thing to say.
"Shut up, and take my money" :D.
They look awesome, especially the 3DS that looks like a NES controller.

PS: I also heard that there's an accessory that was released for the GBA:SP that allows you to play Famicom games on it, actually. Coincidence :p ?
Haha. I was also going to post a GIF for that line :D
Erm, the GBA could play NES games. So didn't that technically mean it could play Famicom games? :confused:

Haha. I was also going to post a GIF for that line :D
Erm, the GBA could play NES games. So didn't that technically mean it could play Famicom games? :confused:

No, since they released a special adapter for it in Japan, who reads real Famicom cartridges (but not the Famicom Disk ones :p).

Reactions: 532
I really like the idea of them, especially considering how I've been wanting a NES GBA SP for a while now, since I never owned the SP, only the original model. Also very need how that 3DS NES mockup ended up becoming real in a way since there is a NES 3DS XL coming out soon!

oh my god!!!!!! i want all of the skins shown! they look so cool! i know alot of them do exist, but until i read this, i didn't know they existed!!!! new skin idea: gameboy wii!

Me likey. I can see these game system designs generating a lot of nostalgia for people who played the NES long ago ^.^
I just don't understand what the Golden Game Boy system. Can you play it from that screen on the top? :/ :confused:

Me likey. I can see these game system designs generating a lot of nostalgia for people who played the NES long ago ^.^
I just don't understand what the Golden Game Boy system. Can you play it from that screen on the top? :/ :confused:
The Gold Micro Boy is a Game Boy Advance with the colors of the old school Famicom. You play it from the screen that says "Game Boy".

Ah.

Back