OMG NEW WIFI SERVERS

• Thread starter MLGirby
  • Start date
This is great especially because it gives more life to games that need online servers in order for the game to feel complete. I figured this would happen since I read a GCN server has already been made in the past. Not sure if modding is needed for the DS games to go online but surely the Wii will. Perhaps this will give the 3DS/Wii U more life when the time comes.

Ima use this to challenge gamefaqers to a dragon quest monster battle,what will you guys use it for?

Ima use this to challenge gamefaqers to a dragon quest monster battle,what will you guys use it for?
Maybe Project M, Pokemon Gens 4-5, Warioware DIY (if possible), MKDD if possible, and Colosseum if possible (because I think they both supported LAN however they might not work or have the wrong formatting.

I'd also use it to battle online with melee if possible.

I though they shut down the server or is this an external one.

I already used something like that to play Mario Kart Wii online recently, but still, since only a few people can access this method (because they need to mod or use a cheat), there's not many people online (Fun Fact: When I played with my brother, I only found a cheater, and beat the hell out of him ;)).

PS: I used the cheat version.

And yes, it is possible to play online again with the DS using either patched illegal stuff (I bet you know anyway), or by using an Action Replay. I miss the times where I used to download and test literally every WarioWare DIY microgame (Anyway, can't play anymore due to my DS not supporting WPA).

In any case, you need to have a cheating device or a homebrew-capable console.

This is great for people who own a DS or a Windows, I sincerely thought Nintendo was unfair to them because they also deserved the online multiplayer goodness.

It was only a matter of time before people set up their own servers for it.

It's good, people who want to play can continue doing so and Nintendo don't have to keep paying to maintain server for games that only a small amount of people play.

That's great! This brings fun games like Mario Kart DS/MKWii back to life :D
Can't wait to have some more matches with my friends :)
PS: I made a thread about using a Homebrew server for DS/Wii onlince connectivity, and online never died for the users of the Homebrew servers ;)

So.....if anyone wants an online dragon quest monsters joker 1 battle you know who to call,

sounds interesting... But I think i'll just stick with playing online on the 3DS ;P I'll keep this thread in mind for future references though! Thanks

Back